
(this is the picture my dad took that I spoke about in my talk to represent how our focus sometimes gets blurred and we focus on the things of the world rather than the temple- cool picture- huh!)
So, Nate and I had to give talks in church yesterday. We figured it was Heavenly Father's way of getting our minds off Nate's training stuff, and focused back on Him. The topic was temple attendance. It was a really good topic for me to think about and actually I felt really strongly that Heavenly Father was trying to emphasize the importance of going to the temple TO ME. I felt like that was his helpful hint for me on how to make it while Nate is gone. Which is funny because I haven't been for a while and I was thinking "I should hurry and go before Nate leaves". But it hit me that I NEED to go while he is GONE TOO. So that's my new thing- as soon as Noah is eating solid foods (only 11 more days!) and I can leave him with someone and not worry about him getting hungry I am going to go to the temple!! I just wanted to put this on here so that everyone could help me remember this and kinda nag me if necessary to get on it. I feel really strongly about the blessings of temple attendance and how it can bless my life and the lives of my children, so I was very grateful for the reminder! (even if I did make a complete fool of myself up in front of my whole ward. I used to love giving talks, I don't know what's happened to me-)
Monday, June 30, 2008
Everyone help me remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You did a fantastic job with your talk. I really enjoyed it. Even my 10 year old paid attention and liked it and that's saying something. You did a great job!
I was hoping to be able to make faces at you while you were up there, but my kids were being tough (huge surprise there, huh?)
Oh! If you need ANY help with the kids while Nate is gone, just call me. I'll help in any way I can. I'll even babysit so you can go to the temple or we can both get babysitters and go together.
You so rock! That's awesome that you set that goal for yourself. And if you ever need an inconviently located babysitter, I'm here!
Post a Comment