Saturday we were invited to go with some friends on a picnic up on "our mountain". It was a nice drive (took about an hour). We ate at this grassy little spot, while the kids explored, and then we drove to a few spots to check out the view- which was REALLY neat!! I have a new found appreciation for these mountains. We were at one with them and that makes all the difference :) It's no longer the thing that is just blocking us from the lake. It was actually really beautiful up there too...... in a deserty sort of way.....
This is a shot of some of our animals we spotted for all of you Alaskans- I really don't think I saw a cow in Alaska. Thought you might enjoy that :) and this is actually not far from our house- I think it's still our ward boundaries even :) so these cows are technically in the ward :)- we'll have to invite them to church sometime.
That is our friends' truck up there- we were totallyweaving in and out of these little trees/bushes (whatever they are :))- it was fun for Nate- he likes his 4-wheel driveness.
Charity insightfully pointed out that now she knows that these are trees and not just "spotties"!
Okay, so here's a view of our little city- shoulda moved it over to the right a little so that you could see just how in the middle of nowhere we are :) But anyway- you can see our house in this one- I won't try to tell you where though- that would be silly.
Nate and I were being dorks quizzing each other on the planes that flew overhead. It's much harder (for me) here since there are so many different kinds of planes..... but I'm doing alright- as long as Nate only asks me on the MD-80's
See? It's kinda pretty!
We were so glad to make some new friends and do something with them as a family- they were so great to show us around. They have the cutest girls, and our kids got along really well, can't beat that!
They all couldn't get enough of this tree for some reason :)
I like this picture, I just need to figure out this Photoshop- anyone wanna teach me?
This one too- well, except for Kelly's leg :)
This picture is for your entertainment- see how many kids you can find in the tree :)
I love this picture, I only wish Noah was in it!
Luke pointing to the radio tower
Here's the Utah Lake and Saratoga Springs right there at the bottom of the picture. And I"m pretty sure that that is Mount Timpanogos across the way. Pretty nice view huh!
We found lots of cacti as well. (this little adventure reminded me of Alaska adventures how everything was new and exciting. And it's not like we had never seen this stuff before, but it has been a while, so it was really neat!- I would highly recommend a move out of state to anyone who has been here for a long time- the place you go is exciting, and then when you move back (which we all do :)) Utah is exciting again too!)
This view is toward the point of the mountain (or what is left of it anyway!). Love those mountains!! I grew up just on the other side of those!
Once again- where's Noah and why didn't I just wake him up and get him out of the car for these shots!! gees. What a fun little evening that was though! Thanks to the Watsons we feel more like we're home again. If anyone wants to go up there with us again sometime- Nate's anxious to show it off.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Our Mountain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Pick me! Pick me! I'll go next time. So beautiful.
How fun! This last picture is pretty dang cool! I totally understand not waking up the baby!
you guys rock. That sounds sooo much fun. I love the pictures, I forget that Utah can be fun too. Definately plan a mountain day for the taylors.
Post a Comment