Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kelly's Birthday- the actual day :)

Kelly's birthday came and went :) She reminded us the night before to "walk up early so that we could put up the decorations before she woke up" :). Traditions are funny. So Nate put them all up the night before. She was really excited to see the decorations when she woke up, but Mommy hadn't made a sign, or put the presents out- this is when the birthday grumps started. She had fun opening her presents, making bubbles, singing the Happy Birthday song over and over, watching tv, not having to do any jobs :), and then finally we went to McDonald's for her Birthday dinner. I had a really hard time with her grumpiness popping in and out all day- I hate when I realize that my kids have crossed the birthday spoiling line and turned rotten, but we dealt with it, and she's back to normal today :) Hopefully she really had a good day- she said she did. I'm way too big on birthdays I decided. I think I need to tone it down a little. It's obviously going straight to their heads :) I remember my brother having the grumps a lot on his birthday. I think I missed out on that because all the Christmas excitement- not to mention I usually got to celebrate my birthday a couple of times during December- so I was at like the epitome of spoiled. That must be why it's always weird to me to only celebrate my kids' birthdays for one day. Anyway- there ya have it- she's FIVE!!! I really can't believe how much Kelly has grown up!! I was looking at these pictures of her previous birthdays, and she has just changed so much!! She's still her sweet little self, a little less mischevious, a little more stubborn :) But we couldn't do without Kelly in our family- she adds such a sweet little element to our family. She's the one we all look to for help. She's the one we all look to for love. She's just a sweetheart. I can't wait to see what she does with her life, but at the same time, I want her to stop getting older! She's totally excited to start school in the Fall- I think she's even more ready than Charity was- emotionally anyway. I asked her what things she wanted to accomplish as a five year old and she said she wants to "play games with Mommy" and "color with Mommy". So looks like we're gonna have to spend more time together :) I love Kelly!
Oh I forgot I put this one on here- Daddy surprised Kelly with a bouquet of balloons and a cd of the Chipmunks movie- she LOVES theodore :) and she loves to sing like the chipmunks- it's way cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!
Watch my little girl grow!!!
This is Kelly the day she was born, Pioneer Valley Hospital- she still had those dumb drops in her eyes. Not the most flattering picture :)

First Birthday, Some random park- eating her cake :)


Second Birthday (look at her cute little cast! I forgot about that), Lindsay Gardens


Third Birthday, Chuck E. Cheese

Fourth Birthday, our home in Anchorage- I remembered the sign that year at least :)


No comments: