We had a really great day yesterday!! Nate started the day out with smoking some salmon. I woke up to the sound of the boys getting the smoker all set up outside- I just love these moments, have to capture them! And it was REALLY yummy salmon! If you haven't tried Nate's famous Smoked Salmon recipe- you need too- it's mooms filly babba (I really have no idea how to spell that- it means yummy in Swedish- Brent taught that to my kids and now we all just say it :))
So after the salmon was smoked we took Charity, Kelly and Bradley to the Primary Activity. They did such a great job on this activity- they were teaching the kids about flags, patriotism, etc. I was there for a few minutes to do a flag ceremony with the scouts, and got to hear a nice talk from one of the guys in our ward who is in the National Guard. He was teaching the kids about the army and he told us why the flag on their uniforms goes the opposite way from the flags on the cubscouts uniforms. It's kind of neat- he said it's because back in the old days when they would march onto the battle field they would carry a flag. So if you were looking at this scene from the right side of the soldier (that's the arm the flag patch is on) it would look backwards. So they put their patch on that way to symbolize them carrying the flag out to battle (since they don't do that anymore). I thought it was kind of cool :) ya learn something new everyday :) But anyway- it was a neat program. The kids all got flags, and had their picture taken at the end- really fun!
Then after the activity we drove up to Sandy for my good old friend Wendy's baby shower! It was really exciting for me! I was just so excited that she was able to get pregnant and finally start her family. I've known Wendy since I was in Second Grade. We got baptized on the same day, got our Gospel in Action Awards the same day, we did pretty much everything together (we were actually stuck to each other :)) for all of Elementary School and most of Middle School too. We did lots of things in Choir together- such memories. We had different groups of friends in Middle School so we did less together, but we were always good friends at church. Then I moved to Bountiful and we didn't really get to hang out all that much. But she was still one of my Bridesmaids (she went all out for me the day of our wedding picking up some things that I had forgotten) just as we had planned, and had our last sleepover the night before I got married :) So anyway- we did lots of things together and were really close, but somehow I passed Wendy up and got married and had 5 kids before she was able to have her first baby! So anyway- I got to go to her shower and see her all cute and pregnant- no picture :( but it was really fun. I can't wait till she has her baby girl. During the shower Nate took the kids to my old park that I used to play at in Draper, and pushed them on the swings for an hour :) After the shower we went to the store, and on the way home we let the kids eat the treat they had picked out and this picture is to show what happened with Lukey's treat :) He's SUCH a messy eater!! It cracks me up though- I couldn't help but laugh and take a picture- he kept saying, "Mommy, twocket o my hinds! twocket on my hinds!" (chocolate on my hands) What a chocolate covered nut!
Then that night we had Jared and Paulette's kids with us and we went to the Ward Olympics Activity here at our park and had a lot of fun with the ward. I am really starting to feel comfortable in our ward. It's nice to actually know a few people and be able to talk and have fun at these things. What a great day it was!! I just love my Saturdays!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Saturdays are the BEST!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment