This all started with the Dollar Store bug catcher that Charity bought. The kids set out on a bug hunt to find any and all living creatures within the confines of our yard. Charity had really wanted to get another cricket (her other one died by the way- pretty traumatic too I might add), but what they ended up with were potato bugs, worms, ants and a few spiders (course Charity wouldn't let Luke put the spiders in the cage).
This was a pretty intense search as you can see they had to move every single rock in our front yard. This was quite the adventure for Luke and Brad. I'm glad they have sisters who obsess over bugs for now-
It's so cute to see kids at work though. I learned a lot about my kids watching them hunt for bugs. They're pretty thorough when it comes to something they want. Good determination! I think it's so cool that they will set out to do something on their own, and have so much fun doing it! Makes me smile :)
Monday, June 9, 2008
Going on a bug hunt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment