Yesterday after taking Charity to school, the kids and I were playing outside. We had only been outside for about 20 minutes when I noticed this antelope in the empty spot across the street! I hurried and grabbed my camera, and started walking toward it to get some good pictures.
So of course the kids followed (such a terrible example am I). So he was just over there eating the weeds, minding his own business, I talked with a girl in the ward who had followed him with her camera as well, and we all just sat and watched him. The kids were now playing in the rock pile that is next to our lot (I think it's just considered an empty lot next to us), and all of a sudden the antelope just starts walking (quite briskly) across the street TOWARDS US of course, so I start trying to round everyone up and get them to run back to our back yard. Unfortunately the kids were not too motivated- and I'm still not sure why, but it took a lot of convincing to get out of his path.
So then he just stayed in that spot next to our house for a few minutes- he had to go potty as you can see (Kelly keeps asking me why I didn't get a video of him going potty? weird :)). At this time I was quickly trying to grab all of our stuff that we had laying down in our backyard, the blanket, noah's seat, the umbrella, NOAH! I took it all in and got the kids rounded up AGAIN and into the house where we could just watch the antelope from a safer distance. I mean I really have no idea how dangerous these animals are, but I just didn't want to find out anything crazy firsthand- time to google Antelope I guess :)
He was just right there! That's our driveway- I'm standing on our little porch in the backyard.
He came up even closer here-
had some grass
and some more grass- I totally had to keep pulling Lukey back into the house to keep him safe- he wanted to go "pet it"
here's the classic shot
And there he goes- he kind of just walked through our yard and went down into the flood park- that's "our bench" (as the kids call it) in this picture- they were pretty fascinated (so was I as you can see :)) Funny too since they're nowhere near as big and fascinating as a moose, but still!! Kinda fun for us!! Anyway- just thought I would share our fun with everyone :) Hopefully we'll see some more and not while the kids are out by themselves :) We don't have our big 3 foot fence around our yard like we did in AK to protect us (wink wink).
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
It's no moose, but Antelope are pretty cool right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was going to say your life is a zoo...I guess literally this time! LOL
Post a Comment