Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day


Memorial Day was really fun. Uncle Brent and Aunt Sarah came over and played with us. No park though since it was raining, but we sure had fun. This picture is when Charity was wrestling with Brent and he kept asking her to go get him some more Smoked Salmon.


Here's Kelly showing off her good "playing with baby" skills for Sarah. Kelly really is our little mommy here. She's excited for Sarah to have their baby.

I liked all the faces in these, sorry for the repeats if you're not as into looking at my kids' expressions as I am.

After Brent and Sarah left we went up to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We had a really fun day even though there was no going to the park and no fishing :) Darn rain :) Just kidding. ACTUALLY- I have been wanting to mention that ever since we got the thunder and lightning back with the storms here in Utah, I have gone back to enjoying the rainy weather like I did before we lived in AK. There was no thunder and lightning (at least none to speak of anyway), and that I realized is one of my favorite things about Rain storms. Crazy too since it rained for like 2 months straight while we were in AK. ANyway- you should have seen my kids the first time they heard the thunder and lightning here- I thought Charity was going to jump out of her skin!! They were totally impressed! And while we're talking about their fears of natural disasters- Charity's totally convinced that we're gonna get sucked up in a tornado. The other day we had this huge wall of sand come and barrel us out of our backyard and into our house (it was seriously HUGE!! I was actually a little scared myself since we had all my kids and the cubscouts to keep track of and bring in-- nuts!!). Anyway. With kids everything's an adventure.
So anyway- Memorial day was nice.

No comments: