Monday, May 12, 2008

Precious Moments





On Tuesday the boys made their way outside (without permission), and were playing on the big electric box thing when I finally found them. I almost reprimanded them for going out there without asking (since Luke has a way with running off into the road and down the street....), but then I realized that they were totally playing with each other!!! Nothing melts my heart more than my boys playing together. It's weird because the girls were like best friends the minute Kelly was born, and spent every second together, but the boys have been so different. Bradley had a really hard time getting used to the new baby when Luke was born, and has always seemed like he needed to compete a little. It has been getting less and less for about the last year, but it still feels like a fun little precious moment when they are playing together without any prompting. Bradley was totally helping Luke climb up on the box, and then Luke would watch and clap for Brad when he would jump- it was so dang cute!! Luke totally looks up to Brad, even though he will be the first one to tease Brad, you can tell he really does look up to him. I love that. So anyway- we ended up sitting there watching the boys play for like a half hour :) So much for teaching them to ask before they take off outside.

2 comments:

Momma Dil said...

I always love to read your blog and get a renewed sense of "Yeah, being a mom is great!"

Natalie said...

I love that you had the presence of mind to stop and appreciate the moment. I would have been right into the discipline. Good Work!