Friday, May 23, 2008

Just some sweet little artists :)


This is kinda weird to put this on here, but it was really special to me. The kids and I were all outside. Brad had brought me the mail. I had opened up the grocery store ads and was looking at them, when Luke came over and sat down right next to me and started commenting on all the things on the ads. (it's a rare occurance for him to just come and sit by me for no reason since he is such a busy-body, so I got a little excited and wanted to find something to keep him there :)) I quietly asked Kelly to go get me some scissors and glue (didn't want to distract Lukey :)), and when she brought them back I just started cutting out all the things that Luke would point to and get all excited about. It was SO NEAT :) The kids and I always talk about our likes and dislikes at mealtimes. To entertain ourselves we will go around the table and say what our favorites are, and Luke will ALWAYS just repeat what someone else has said, so it was just really neat to kind of get into his head and find out what HE really likes. I also learned that he doesn't like suggestions :) I would suggest something that I KNOW he likes, and he would quickly come back with "nope" then a couple of seconds later he would be right back there pointing to the exact same thing telling me to cut it out :). It was cute to see him finally getting into the whole gluing thing too- whenever we do crafts his attention to it lasts about a half a minute and then he's off doing something else- so it was really fun for me. I had to put this on our fridge to remind me of how fun it was, and he has gone over and pointed to each thing about a million times. He especially likes to point out the "Monkey Chips" or "Chippy Munks" (depending on the day those both mean Chipmunks) and the "orn dogs" (hot dogs). He had various types of "juice"- basically anything liquid that comes in a plastic bottle is juice to Luke :) He couldn't get enough of those. And all the fruits and veggies- I was surprised :) But anyway. This was fun- just wanted to remember it.

Another letter from Charity. She is THE SWEETEST little girl!! I think this is one of my favorite things about her learning how to read and write :) She'll write me sweet letters until the paper runs out :) This one was ESPECIALLY special to me- how could I possibly feel bad about myself after this one! "even when I'm mad I look pretty!" :) nothing beats THAT! :)

and here's one of cute Kelly's little masterpieces- she is so creative I think :) I love how she writes "I Love You" now. She's a sweetie.

1 comment:

Momma Dil said...

You are such a cute, creative mom! I love the notes too...it's good to see that kind of stuff and know that I have something great to look forward to.