I get such a kick out of the weird little things my kids do. It's seriously one of my favorite things about being a mom. This week we had a few of these moments that I just had to share :).
Luke somehow got locked in the bathroom. It's funny because he is learning how to open doors, so I was surprised he couldn't get out, but the funniest thing was that he wasn't really all that worried :). He yelled out to us, and banged on the door a bit, but he wasn't crying or anything. And then when Brad and Kelly started putting things under the door for him to play with and they were all goofing off, he was actually laughing! LOL I seriously couldn't help but take a picture and laugh for a minute before scrambling around to find something to pick the door with. Normally we use bobbypins, but apparently we are out, so it did take me a little while to find out that our paintbrush ends work too. But Luke seriously didn't seem to mind- we were all laughing by the time we opened the door, and of course, as soon as it was open- Bradley, realizing what fun it was- had to try it out. Good times :)
This is kinda cute too. Kelly has a habit of coming up to our room in the middle of the night, and we have started having her just get a pillow and a blanket and lay down on the floor next to our bed. Her room is all the way downstairs so it's a bit of a trip for her to go back down and get a blanket and pillow, so I always feel bad making her do it. But one night this week- she thought it worthwhile to make SEVERAL trips just to bring the comforts of her own room- up to our bedroom floor :) I'm not sure how this is more comfortable than her bed, but whatever :) Do what ya gotta do :) If you can't tell, there are about 7 stuffed animals, 2 blankets and her pillow- she could NOT have done that in less than 4 trips. She even lined them up like this- I didn't do that for the picture!! She's nuts, but it made me laugh to see her sleeping there :)
Okay, so this is kind of disgusting, but definitely worth the laugh I got out of it. I was just sitting here on the rocking chair feeding Noah, and Luke comes in the room, obviously bored. He looks around for a minute, like he's trying to find something to do, and then thoughtfully runs over to the couch. He was driven by something, but I wasn't sure what it was as he was throwing up the cushions.
Then he looked around for a second under the seat cushion, and then quickly his cute little hand dove in for a surprise. It was HILARIOUS!! Luke was fishing for leftover....stuff (mostly food, but there were some other lint and crumb covered things that he found fascinating) that had fallen into the couch. He was determined though- and found a few surprises before his siblings saw what he was doing and made way over there.
I know I probably should have stopped them, but come on!! I was totally dying!! I can't believe how long they were fishing in there (guess I need to clean out the couch more often, but we've really only had it for what a few months or something) It was really funny.
Here he is showing me one of his treasures.
Man! Kelly even took advantage of the moment! It's so gross, but SO FUNNY!! You can totally see Luke's face like, "Oh, wow! Where did you find those- I want one!"
Let's see, there's got to be at least one more in there :)
Totally cracked me up!! I couldn't get enough of it. Don't know if it's necessarily Blog-appropriate material, but who cares- I'm still laughing :) And it wouldn't have been so funny if he had just stumbled upon it, but he knew what he wanted to do and went over to do it with a purpose in mind. What a crazy little animal. Ya gotta love Luke's scavenging abilities- time for lunch I guess :)
Saturday, April 19, 2008
One of my favorite things about being a Mom.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment