Monday, April 7, 2008

Nate's got fly!


Thursday was Nate's big interview with the FAA. He says it went well and they will be sending his info to OK city, they will request his health info, and then he will hear back from them sometime about when he will be going there for training. He actually asked for a tour after the interview, and they gladly showed him around!! (he's so gutsy- I would have been way too nervous to do that- I love that about Nate!! He has so much confidence- I'm proud of him!) This was a huge deal, if he had bombed this interview our chance of getting a job here in Utah would have been out the window, so we were way nervous, and then WAY excited that it went well. There are only a few more hoops to jump through now!
Wednesday night the kids and I decided we needed to spoil Daddy, and pump him up for his big day. We made him a sign, and the kids all made him good luck charms. Then we had his favorite Beef Stroganoff for dinner, with cute little blue airplane jellos. I made my very first German Chocolate cake (definitely need some practice, but it tasted yummy)- I just found out that it is his favorite kind of cake (ya think ya know a guy :)), so we had to spoil him with it. Anyway- it was a neat experience and one that we are glad to have over.

1 comment:

Julz said...

Yay Nate! And Christa you are like the best wife EVER! Jello airplanes?? How cool is that???