Monday, April 14, 2008

Hanging out with the Lignells


On Saturday we had the priviledge of attending Sariah's baptism- that was so neat! After the baptism and yummy food we all went to Murray Park to feed the ducks. This was an oldtime favorite for our family- the kids don't remember it, but for Nate and I- it's a special place. It was so neat to be with the Lignells as well. They are such a neat family. Scott and Debe are the kind of people who you can just tell are happy to be alive! I love it! It makes ya realize that life is just great, and there is so much to love about it. It's just really pleasant to be around them. I don't think I've ever seen them unhappy. Maybe they're just good at faking it, but I can't help but be happy and enjoy being in their company. It's really nice to be able to get together with them and have our kids get along so well too. Charity thinks she's a big girl like Sariah now- it's kinda cute. I can do without the "Do you think I look like a teenager when I wear this?" question though ;)


We had a lot of fun at the park- even if we were just "throwing bread at the ducks". Nate WOWed us all with his skipping rocks ability- it really was cool to watch from a different angle.


I think this was when Charity had the camera- she took pictures of everyone and everything- especially the ducks.


Jenna's such a cutie!


There's my big "teenager" :) She's getting so grown up!


I love this picture just cuz all you can see is the bread in the water- no ducks eating it :) lol


And I love how my kids sit down and hold the bread out- like the ducks are gonna come running over to them. How funny.







we're a little rusty on the monkey bars, but Brad still gave it a shot.


Charity was a little nervous at the start, but she picked it right back up from last year- too bad they don't have monkey bars for her in the Kindergarten playground here, she sure loved that at her old school.


Ah the volleyball pit- who needs a playground or a duck pond, or anything for that matter when you can play in the volleyball sand pit.


yep, a whole loaf of cheap store bread floating around on the water lol. We decided that these ducks were just picky- they wanted something more than just $1.19 white bread.


Love this :) That's my girl :)







Ya gotta see this kid run- it's so stinkin' cute. He has a little twisty-hop to his run- makes me laugh. Anyway :)


It was SUCH a nice day on Saturday! We totally got fried by the sun- poor little Noah even had rosey cheeks when we got home. (has anyone else ever heard that you're not supposed to put sunblock on anyone under 2?? Our Pediatrician told me that- or now I'm wondering if I heard him wrong, but I coulda swore he said not to put any sunblock on the baby. He said to just keep him in the shade--- which I did, but come on- maybe someone could enlighten me on the subject-- we've always had just a family doctor, so we didn't get the usual Pediatrician rules for our other kids- so I'm just curious if this is just something I didn't know or what!! ANyway- side note)


that's brad.
It was a really nice Saturday!!

2 comments:

Julz said...

Oh man- Murray Park! I miss it. We had some good times there! Looks like it was the perfect day to go. Yeah- I've heard not to put it on babies... but I do anyway. I just keep it away from the eyes and the mouth... and don't use too much... but I'm not exactly the perfect mom either!

Momma Dil said...

A good time had by all! I'm glad the weather cooperated for your trip down too.

About the sunscreen...our pediatrician told us the same thing your doctor told you :)