This is about the funniest thing I have witnessed in about a week :) Everytime I'm down I just have to think to myself "you. owe. me..." LOL. I've been resisting the temptation to blog about this because I don't want anyone to think I'm a jerk, but apparently I'm okay with you all thinking that now because THIS was FUNNY!! Okay, so do you want to know the story? I'll tell you. It's long though, so get comfortable. I guess it starts with Kelly (well, Charity and Brad are in on it too, but this is about Kelly) trying to earn money for Christmas. I've started paying them nickels and pennies for little jobs around the house, and Kelly has started doing some business on her own with things she makes. Her latest was bookmarks. She made these really cute bookmarks and started giving them away and then asking how much we would pay her for them. Nate's was a penny, mine was 2 pennies....anyway. K, so Thursday I spent most of the day working on my cards for the card exchange that night. Kelly decided that she was going to make some cards for her friends too. I thought that was sweet of her, and didn't really look at them too closely while she was working. Later on in the day Kelly got the grand idea of sticking some of her bookmarks in the cards! Then I saw her busily working on her cards some more. This is the funny part....so a little bit later Kelly came to me with her cards and wanted to read them to me. I was not prepared for what she was about to say.
She read each word so slowly, it just made it funnier: "To Jake. You. Owe. Me. 2. Nickels. For. The. Bookmark. From Kelly" No "Merry Christmas" no "Happy New Year" just a simple little Christmas card bill :) I love it!! It totally makes me laugh still.
She read each word so slowly, it just made it funnier: "To Jake. You. Owe. Me. 2. Nickels. For. The. Bookmark. From Kelly" No "Merry Christmas" no "Happy New Year" just a simple little Christmas card bill :) I love it!! It totally makes me laugh still.
to nicole. you. owe. me. one. penny. for the bookmark. from kelly.
to ashley. you. owe. me. four nickels. from kelly.
I hid my laughter and she continued: To McKenzie. you. owe. me. 2. quarters. for. the. bookmark. from kelly.
By the time we got to this one I had to leave the room, but I could hear her from the bathroom: To Aaron H. you. owe. me. two. nickels. from kelly.
It's cute too because she's not quite sure how to spell bookmark. She tries several different versions. And I LOVE that each bookmark is priced differently :) She's such a businesswoman. I really think it's cute that she is so excited about earning money....
I don't know if this one will make it into the blog book because Kelly is so sensitive, I don't want her to feel bad, but I couldn't resist sharing it with you all behind her back :) Have a good laugh, go ahead :) I won't tell her.

5 comments:
That is so hilarious! I love that you had to leave the room to laugh. So funny. But I don't understand how this post makes you look like a jerk. Maybe I missed that part. We need to chat soon...I've missed you!
I guess I just feel like I'm always laughing AT my kids. It was funny though, so hopefully nobody thinks that. You know how I worry about dumb stuff :)
I think that's adorable. You totally have to put it in your book. What a memory!
You HAVE to put this in the big blog book. Do you know how much she will love this story when she gets older! My sister was this way when she was little too, charging my Dad for backrubs and such. She is still the best buisness women I know. So this might be a predictor of things to come for Kelly. You must save it!
okay, if Meredith says so- it's in!
Post a Comment