Monday, December 1, 2008

"Hanksgiving" from Bradley's perspective


Nate's buff-chick-dip mmmmmmmmmmmmmm


grandpa hatch's camera


cute little cousin charlie



mommy's owie. (and I'm just gonna tell you all about my owie because something very unusual happened- go ahead and stop reading everyone that's heard this story a million times already-- k, so I was standing at the counter shaping the rolls when I accidentally knocked a small casserole dish off the counter. It of course shattered into a million pieces, but not without slicing my toe first. So I looked down to see what was causing the sharp pain in my foot and saw the blood immediately come oozing out. And can I just say it was coming out REALLY fast, like it was already dripping off by the time I looked down at it. OH! And I should have probably mentioned that before I got married I was a Phlebotomist- I took blood!! I worked for the Red Cross doing blood drives and drained about a pint of blood out of at least 10 or 15 people a day. So having said that, this part should surprise you as much as it did me-- I started getting LIGHT HEADED from watching the blood (I assume)!!!! How crazy is THAT!!! It made my vision all fuzzy for a second and then I put my head down of course and it all came back to normal, but it was SOOOOO WEIRD!!!!!! I still can't believe that happened to ME of all people!! I mean I wasn't even considering all the many times I've had my blood drawn in the last 7 years (with 5 babies it's been a LOT!) and needles and blood I've seen in my kids and myself, it's just NUTS that that would make me light-headed. But anyway- k, sorry, long story for something silly, I just couldn't believe it. Back to Bradley's photos.....
uncle "teve"
(These kind of posts always make my kids happy when they look at the blog and see the pictures they took :))

1 comment:

Momma Dil said...

You were a Phlebotomist? Crazy. Funny...when I first read that I was thinking "How come I didn't know that?" We need to talk about our pre-hubby lives more!