We forgot to make our gingerbread houses on Thanksgiving as is the tradition, so we made them the day after :) It was really fun doing it with just our little family. Luke is boycotting the term "Gingerbread" houses and calling them "cracker houses". Very literal I guess. We do cheat and use the grahm crackers....I doubt I'll ever make my own gingerbread.....too much work.
This is probably silly of me to post pictures of everyone's, but I think my kids will love looking at them over and over again. So skip it if it's lame :)
This is Charity's. She spent SO much time on her snow. In fact most of them worked more on the "yard" than they did the actual house. Kinda cute. But hers turned out really cute....a winter wonderland.
This is Bradley's. Again lots of work on the yard :) He liked eating the candy too :) But I was really impressed with how focused he was on his. He worked on it for quite a while.
This adorable little house is Nate's. Well, Noah's. The kids decided Daddy would have to make Noah's since he couldn't. Nate LOVES making these- as you can see. He really gets into it. I think it's cute.
This is Luke's. His was not as stucturally sound since he was too impatient to wait for it to harden. The roof collapsed. He was REALLY cute with this project though and actually sat at the table with us all for a LOT longer than I thought he would. Ate a TON of candy though. It's more like a cracker-shack :)
And of course Kelly's. She was adorable making this thing. She really got into it. Everything had to be perfect- I think we glued the door on about a million times just so that the candy corn would stay on. She was trying to do grass around her house, but ran out of green, so she decided to use yellow "because that part of the grass was dying" :) I thought that was cute.

1 comment:
That's a totally cute tradition...I might steal that! And three cheers for graham crackers!
Post a Comment