Monday, December 29, 2008

The Most Wonderful Day of the Year!


Christmas morning the boys came in our room as usual (possibly having forgotten that it was Christmas) and since it was already 8:00 we told them to go see if Santa had come. Their cute little voices from down the hall were so priceless! Bradley was way cute about it all. He came running back in our room to tell us the news. They could hardly contain themselves when we told them to go get the girls and that they could all look through their stockings.


Kelly is really good at savoring the moment :)


Charity in amazement. She does the most perfect "surprise" look EVER!


She had a really interesting story for us about her coming upstairs to see if Santa was here, and actually CATCHING him in the act of leaving our presents!! She actually "saw him"!!! Try to wrap your brain around that! I had to make sure I document that event :)

Santa sure spoiled us this year. I think they would have been content with just the stockings...well, almost :)....Santa sure has some pretty awesome little helpers. They sure made our Christmas nice, and we are very grateful for all that everyone did for us this year.

Noah's first Christmas turned out to be a big hit! He was not so much into opening the presents himself, but he was really good at playing with whatever we handed him :)





This ball popper is what Luke gave Noah this year (we drew names within our little family this year). I think Luke got it mostly for himself...he hasn't stopped playing with it since. Noah likes it too, just not as much as Luke does...



Here's Lukey talking to Grandma Ruthie on the phone.

I got a special little package for Christmas as well. It was probably one of the biggest highlights this year, mainly because of how it was given. I sure wish I knew who it was, and could thank them personally, but if you know who you are, and I assume you frequent my blog, so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! It sure meant a lot to me (and Nate!). We just feel so blessed this year.

Here are some shots of me playing with my new camera! It has a really cool feature with changing the color really easily... it's my new toy.
Nate was so awesome this Christmas and hosted a family dinner with my Dad and brother and sister. He made the most incredible turkey EVER!! Thanks again Sweetie for all your hard work on Christmas day especially!

You're not supposed to cry on CHRISTMAS NOAH!!!! Poor tired little guy. He sure had his sleep all messed up that day....spent most of the day sleeping....


I am not sure why I like this feature so much, but isn't it cool!
my dad is probably laughing at me if he is acutally looking at this post :)

Halfway through the day my Dad, Pam, Steve, and Heidi showed up to play with us and have a nice Turkey Dinner. They were so generous and loaded on the gifts (as if the kids weren't already spoiled enough :)). Kelly got lots of good drawing tools for Christmas....that's all she's done since :)


While the turkey was cooking my Dad, Charity, and I (and later, Nate, when we needed his bulging muscles) made the most awesome snowman EVER!! It was SO HEAVY!!! Even rolling the bottom section was difficult. But we did have to call in for reinforcements when it came time to put the middle and head on. The thing was HUGE!! I think this is the biggest snowman I've ever helped make. It's kind of leaning now, but hopefully the new tenants appreciate the beauty of it.
We did have to use a hotdog for the nose and the arms are measley, but other than that- isn't he cute!

Halfway through the evening I realized I hadn't seen Luke in a while and when I went to check in his room, this is how I found him. It must have been an accident because he was laying in Brad's bed. Christmas can be pretty tiring!!


Aunt Heidi had fun trying to get Noah to let her hold him. He's such a Momma's boy (yes, I do love it :)). But aren't these the cutest jammies EVER!! I love the two piece jammies on baby boys, with the collar....so cute! Thanks again Jen...you really did spoil us this year....


And last but not least, the beloved birthday cake!! I have the best husband in the world! He worked so hard all evening and then still had time to spoil me with a cute birthday cake! He's so good at making my day special. I really appreciate that. I did have a nice birthday in case you were wondering. My cute kids are so sweet to constantly wish me a happy day and giving me birthday hugs and kisses. It sure is fun to feel so loved! I can't believe I am 29!!! I feel so much OLDER!! Well, I guess you really can't go off of maturity level with me though- I have always acted much older than my age. Thanks everyone who wished me a nice birthday and especially to the people who REMEMBERED it, not just had it show up on their Facebook homepage :) LOL!! Totally kidding. That's still special. But there does have to be something said about those who actually REMEMBER a birthday on Christmas day. Thanks everyone who has called too. I do love the love.


Nate is so funny. He accidentally frosted the cake before he took it out of the cute pan, but it was a snowman cake, and he bought the pan and cake mix just for me!! Now that takes some planning and that is something I love about this man!!! So thoughtful!

no we don't wash his face...EVER!!!


This was the present that Daddy gave Kelly, she LOVED it...it's her "favorite". I think it's because it was from her Daddy. Charity gave a really fun gift to Nate this year. She got to go to "Santa's Secret Workshop" and pick soemthing out on her own, with her own money. She came home and was telling me about what she had picked out for Daddy, and these are her exact words, "Guess what I got Dad, Mom?!"
Me: "What?"
Charity: "A truck keychain."
Me: "That's cool! He will love...."
Charity (cutting me off): "AND it says 'GRANPA' on it!!!"
Me: "Really? That's cool. What made you decide to get one that says 'Granpa'?"
Charity: "Because they didn't have any that said 'Dad'!!"
How cute is that :) It makes me smile. When Daddy opened it we discovered it has a measuring tape on it TOO!! WOW, now that's cool :)
So, yep, that's our Christmas Day. Pretty fun day if you ask me. I love Christmas and love the memories and the traditions that it carries with it. I hope you all had a very nice Christmas.

3 comments:

Momma Dil said...

Wow...you are so OLD!!! I mean you're so GOLD...as in precious and valued...um, yeah, that's what I meant. BTW...I'm still laughing about the hot dog in the snow man.

*Ashleigh* said...

Cute snowman, he's huge! Mine was only about 12" tall!!LOL! Isnt christmas so much funner when you have kids??? I love it! Forget presents, I just want to see the look on their faces:) Not to mention it's one time of year you can openly talk about christ and sing about christ and not be sued by someone!! Yet at least.... :(

Natalie said...

I love that your snowman is secure enough in his "manhood" that he is able to wear a pink scarf. :) I am so jealous! I looks like you all had fun building him.

And Happy Belated Birthday! I remembered you, but was lame enough to not call, not email, and not send an official birthday card...just a lame note on your Christmas envelope. I stink!! I'm glad that others made it a special day. You deserve all the special treatment in the world!

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!!