Thursday, December 11, 2008

Festival of Trees


My Mom planned and treated us all to this "Girls Night" to Festival of Trees last Thursday. I told the girls to pick which tree was their favorite and we would take their picture in front of it (trying to keep them interested I guess). We all had fun but I think my girls were done looking at the trees after the 3rd or 4th row of them. Charity was mostly interested in the Gingerbread houses, and the dancers (this was her favorite part apparently). Kelly was pretty easy going about the whole thing although her feet were hurting her all through the last half. She was happy to sit on Grandma's lap on the wheelchair.


This was Charity's favorite tree. I'm not sure what's up with her shirt in this picture- it was clearly too big for her :)



This was another one of Kelly's favorites.


Here's the picture of all of us sitting down to eat scones. I took this one myself (obviously) I just love taking these :) and I'm very proud of myself for getting us all in it :). good times.




While Grandma was taking a break to buy treats for the boys, Charity, Kelly and I raced around in the wheelchair. Took me back to the days when Brent and I would race up and down the halls at the nursing home where our great-grandparents were living.
Charity insists that "this is NOT A TREE!!!"
These last two are for Grandma Hatch if she ever looks at this. This is Lukey all excited about his snake filled with candy.....making his ssssssss sound.
Bradley was happy to wake up to his as well. Anything that has candy is good.

7 comments:

andersons said...

We usually go to the Festival every year but this year we missed it :(. What a cute idea to do a Girls Night.

Anonymous said...

I love the wheelchair picture! Oh wait... I think I took that one! ;)

horrocks_love said...

I remember us playing in the wheelchair when we would go visit great grandma and grandpa Stowell in the nursing home too!! :) Fun times.

meg said...

Sounds like fun. We might have to do that next year!!

Nate and Emily said...

Great pics! You all look so cute, and like you had a lot of fun! We missed the Festival of Trees this year. Last year was a lot of fun, but my boys lost interest after the first row or two. The gingerbread houses were their favorites, too.

Julz said...

Oh man I miss the Festival of Trees! We have them out here, but it's really "small town", you know. Thanks for sharing the pics- it made me feel nice and warm inside!! :)
Also I'm gonna be in town the day after Christmas until New Years Eve. We need to get everybody together!! Any ideas???

*Ashleigh* said...

Fun:) I didn't think my boys would stay interested long enough to go this year...Yeah, we still have little traces of snow left, I'll send you some (wink wink) the whole state is supposed to get dumped on tomorrow... you should get some! One last thing, I never watch the news but whenever I do Eagle Mnt. is on it??? Yesterday was something about the HOA for a subdivision blah blah blah.. hope it's not effecting you!