Monday, July 14, 2008

89 Days, Watching Brad grow, Sunday, More Bugs, and 6 Months


I think we made this chain on Friday?? Can't remember, all the days are running together now :) But we made a chain to count down the days till Daddy comes home. The kids were all getting kind of confused as to when Daddy was coming home, and I thought this might make it a little easier to understand. Unfortunately Bradley still asks me if Daddy is going to be home when he wakes up. When we made the chain there were 89 days, and I think there are only 85 now?? I'm not sure, I'm not going to count them :) But you get the idea :) It is pretty long, even my Dad said, "That's a LONG TIME!" when he looked at it :) But yeah, it's nice, it will get shorter :)

But speaking of Bradley missing his Daddy. I keep telling him that Daddy will come home on his birthday, so today as we were walking through the store he tells me that "Daddy is going to bring me a cake." (deductive reasoning I guess) Then he said that when he eats his cake he is going to grow, and that I can "watch him grow when he eats his cake!" :) I had to laugh. He's so funny.

Also, I am happy to tell you all that I survived my first Sunday! WAHOO!! As most of you know Sundays were the days that I was dreading the most with this whole single mom thing, and so I was totally nervous for the day. Funny enough, I was actually shaking in the car on the way there (I'm not sure why, could just be my weird shaking disease, but anyway). Everyone in my whole ward (it felt like) asked me how I was doing and how things were going at home without Nate, and how he was doing. I couldn't believe it!! People I don't think I've ever even talked to cared. Normally this is not my favorite- I really don't like that kind of attention (do I like any attention? not sure, either way) but on Sunday it felt so good to know that so many people cared and were offering their help. So, I had all the kids ready and we got to church about 5 minutes early (yay for me :)). About 10 minutes into the meeting (near the end of the Sacrament) Noah totally let one rip (seriously it was loud, my friend across the aisle heard it and laughed- and that's saying a lot because our ward is not quiet!!) anyway, so it was more than a toot- and I could see it coming out of the back of his pants. I was wearing a white shirt, and did not want to risk letting it leaking out onto me, so I informed the older three that I was gonna go change him and to be reverent (not sure what possessed me to just leave them all there, I guess I knew someone would come to the rescue, plus I know that it only takes me 30 seconds to change a diaper ;), I ran out real quickly, and changed Noah, came back and nothing had happened!! All four of my kids were all sitting there peacefully. Talk about a miracle. Well, the rest of the meeting was somewhat uneventful (minus Kelly's little pout-fest, but that's something we won't go into) until Noah got hungry, so I did the unthinkable and nursed him in the Chapel during a talk. I'm pretty sure that nobody really noticed, but anyway- I was embarrassed. I just couldn't picture cramming all of my kids into the Mother's Lounge with all the moms, and the only other place I could nurse him would be in the foyer, and that didn't seem any less embarrassing. So anyway, when I was almost done nursing Noah the last talk was about half over, the boys started punching each other and screaming, so I decided we were done, and dragged the boys out with me. The boys and I spent the rest of the meeting in the foyer, and Charity came out and went back in a few times before she joined us. Kelly sat there "lonely" for about 5 minutes of the meeting. I guess it wasn't ideal, but really, I could picture it going a LOT worse. Plus, at the end of Sacrament meeting I was thinking about it and I realized how silly it was for me to stress about church being hard. I mean really! It's CHURCH!! The worst that can really happen is you end up in the foyer! Plus everyone there knew I was doing it on my own, and they were all ready and willing to cut me and my little ones some slack I'm sure. And really, everyone there was just so sweet about it all. I was relieved. Plus it hit me that- DUH!! The kids all go to classes the last 2 hours!!! It was a nice little two hour break to enjoy the meetings, and spend some fun smiley time with Noah. Couldn't have gone better in my mind. Oh!! and Bradley got to give his first talk this Sunday too!!! He did an awesome job!! I was so surprised that he just got up there and did it, no fear! He actually almost got bored :) and got a little figetty :) But I was so proud of him. I wish Nate could have been there to see it. He made me proud.

So anyway :) Was that too much info? Sorry. I'm just amazed. I have been really blessed I decided. And I'm happy to not be as stressed out for next Sunday! :)


So this is the latest craze with the kids, I keep finding these lists around the house with names of bugs, and then little check marks to mark off how many bugs they are finding :) It's so adorable I think. It says, "A list for Detektifs" and then all the bugs :) So cute!!


Noah turned 6 months on Friday and I didn't even mention it :) He's getting so big!! And so cute too. I just love this age, where they just love everything they see! Just tonight he was laughing his head off at some little random chanty thing that Charity was singing at him, it was so adorable! I still can't figure out how he does this- sleeping like this just looks awful, and then if only we could have captured the noise level at the moment- he's usually a light sleeper in his bed- guess I need to stick him in the middle of the room from now on for his naps :) I just love the little guy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You did great on Sunday! You are an awesome mommy and you will survive this...including Sundays. However, from now on why don't you plan on sitting on the same row as us in church and then if you need to leave, I'll watch the kids. :) Problem solved!

Bethany said...

You only had to leave once that is awesome!

I can't believe how big Noah is getting.

The Molen's said...

You are Wonder Woman!!! It sounds like you flew through sacrament meeting smoothly. I couldn't do it as gracefully. I love the chain! I will have to copy you!

Natalie said...

Way to go! It's amazing what we can handle when we have to. I like the chain, and it does look long. Sigh. Hey, you should put a countdown on this blog. Go to daisypath.com. They have one for an anniversary, but you can make it look like a countdown for Nate. Anyway, just a thought. Like you have time for that now. Anyway, hang in there!