The other day I had some really "special help"ers. First Luke was "helping" me vacuum. It was so funny. He unwrapped the cord, tried to plug it in (not the best idea), then he was holding onto the handle with me as we vacuumed :) (it was the kind of helping where you're dragging them along by the arm with the vacuum as their cute little feet scurry to keep up with you going back and forth). We got done with the living room and I had just turned it off to go do something else and then I turned around and Luke had unlatched the cansiter and dumped it out (who knows if it was intentional or not) all over the floor. He was really concerned about it "Mommy, dump OUT. Mommy, dump OUT." He kept telling me what he had done, but the whole time he wasn't really sure what to do about it. He didn't really want to touch it until a little later when he was finding "TREEAT"s in it :) yeah gross! But anyway- he was trying- I gotta give him that....
And this was my other "special help"er. Bradley out of sheer boredom (I can only assume) decided that he was going to do the dishes! Normally when he has "dishes" for his job it only consists of UNloading the dishwasher, but he was taking it a step further (and seriously this was HIS idea, no prompting or anything from me- so funny!) he wanted to LOAD it. So I was just letting him do it. I kept cringing everytime I would look over and see him with the sprayer in hand :) He was "doing the dishes" for at least 45 minutes. Yes, the water was running the whole time- sorry water conservationists. Every so often I would hear a big SPLASH of water hitting the door of the dishwasher. You can imagine the puddle that accumulated under his chair there- took me two huge bath towels and about 3 other dish towels to sop it all up when he was finally done. At one point, I was watching him and he had a huge pot that he was trying to rinse off and he had filled it with water and was pouring it out. Well, of course the water missed the sink and was totally dumped out all over the counter/cupboard/chair/Bradley. It was so funny to see his face when it happened. He wasn't quite sure what had happened. Then he looked down at his shirt and realized he was wet (which he doesn't usually like and has to change his clothes right away). It was so cute to watch his thought process. The glance down, then at the sink, then back down at his shirt. Then hopping down from the chair (water still running) and making his way out of the kitchen. Then I looked at him and said, "What happened?" and he cheerfully says, "I got wet. I gonna go outside in the sun and get dry." I totally thought he was going to say that he was going to change his clothes, but apparently standing out in the sun is the new way to get dry :) I asked him to turn off the water before he went out, which he did happily, and then he was done :) I couldn't believe how dedicated he had been to it, and how long he had worked on it, AND how little he had got done :) The dishwasher seriously only had like 10 or 15 things in it. What a cute little boy. I really love how Bradley thinks of doing those kinds of things on his own, and I am glad that I had the self-control to not help him :) Now I have another reason to get my dishes rinsed off better, and done quicker in the future :) Crazy boys!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
My Little Helpers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment