Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Best Water and Juice Stand Ever!

Okay, so this probably isn't "blog-worthy", but I thought it was cute and I want to remember it. I am still kicking myself for not getting a picture, but my camera was dead and charging from the bathtime pictures (how does that always happen at the same time as my Kodak Moments).

Today, while I was on the phone (for probably too long :) I'll admit) I looked out my front window and much to my surprise I saw my cute little Kelly (I had no idea she was out there, much less that she had been out there as long as she had) busily scurrying around. My first reaction (gotta work on that) is to be mad that she didn't tell me what she was doing and that she was going to be out there. Because I'm usually okay with them playing in the front just as long as I know so that I can keep track of Lukey (he escapes faster in the front than the back for some reason). So anyway, just as I was about to go lecture her, I noticed that she had made herself a cute little "Lemonade Stand". It wasn't your typical stand though- she had used an upsidedown Laundry basket, with a towel (the one we had just used to dry Luke after his bath lol) on top, and then she had most of my kitchen cups (yes, she must have been out there for a while- I'm guilty) filled up with WATER she had gotten from the faucet outside. They were all random sized cups, and it just looked so.... cute! She also had a little step stool out there for her to sit on :) I hurried and made some juice so that she could at least have something worth selling (since that's what I thought they were trying to do). Then, after they had finished filling the cups (more now) with juice, Charity showed me her sign that she had been working on (spelled out all cute): "Free Juice We hope you like it" I just about died!! It was so stinkin' cute of them to think of that- to give it away for free!
Then the whole thing just got really funny when I saw Luke dipping his grubby little fingers into each cup (lol). Then the pouring from cup to cup started....it was all downhill from there for the juice..... but anyway. The girls were so adorable. I felt bad because I think everyone was out celebrating the 24th because there were only a few cars that even drove by (which is a little strange for our little intersection here), so there weren't any takers :( but anyway. I just love these moments.

2 comments:

Julz said...

That's way cute! Your kids are so creative!! And I love that they were giving it out for free. Funny! Anyway- It looks like you are keeping yourself really busy! I think about you all the time and how you are holding up! Love yah!

meg said...

Oh my gosh that's hilarious. I love it!! I am glad you posted it, it's so blog worthy--even if you didn't get a picture. My kids have been begging me to sell something one day. I'll have to give them a chance.