Tuesday, February 12, 2008

he's already one MONTH!!! (sorry no cupcakes)




(can you believe I've taken more pictures :))

My baby is already a MONTH old! Does time fly or WHAT!! He is such a sweet little boy!! It's amazing to me how much love you can have for someone so small who you've only known for such a short time. Obviously we've known him longer. He's got a very sweet and sensitive spirit. I feel so obligated to keep the Spirit in our home because of him and his sensitivity to it. I feel like he can tell when we've offended the Spirit. He is so patient with his brothers and sisters too. More so than any other baby that has come to our family- and his patience has been tested the most! He has just been a real joy in our lives...the whole family! I think I speak for everyone when I say that he is truly a blessing in our lives.
I have been wanting to explain how Noah got his name. Nate and I had a really hard time this time agreeing and deciding on a name. Nate really liked the name Noah, and I liked it, but at the time it wasn't my favorite. After a while I decided to start researching the names we liked- looking at the meanings and stuff, to see if that would help us decide. I looked in several different places and all of them told me that Noah meant things like "rest, calm, relax" that sort of thing (of course in the Bible Dictionary it just says rest). I have told a lot of people about how much of a blessing being pregnant with Noah was when we were doing all the planning and moving-- it was the only thing that felt good and felt comfortable. Everything else was hard and stressful, so to relax I would think about him and when he would be here. It was really calming. Anyway- it just felt like that was supposed to be his name. It just fit. Then his middle name "Cole" is of course a name that Nate has always liked, but we used it mostly because of the Cole Family- our good friends/neighbors (I call them family) from our old ward in Taylorsville. They are just the neatest family ever. They have been one of the hugest blessings in our lives and SUCH good examples of unconditional love and service. They are incredible examples for us- and we just want to be reminded of that often. So anyway. That's why he got the name he did...the long version of course :) .... me and my blubbering....oh and by the way- since I know we're all so excited to hear about my showers---- I took one today... while Brad, Luke and Noah ALL slept!!!!!!! (AND I still had time to color with Kelly (aka: Kelly watched me color in her coloring book) before they woke up! I thought that was noteworthy- we'll see if it ever happens again :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

He is such a cutie! I can't believe that it's been a month already!

Anonymous said...

...and I thought he was named Noah because he would be able to be born on the open waters on the Pacific Highway!!! 8*)

Annie Cole said...

Oh my!! I love you guys so much! I totally love his name, I can't even tell you how honored we all are! You say the nicest things about my family!! I hope we can live up to the way you seem to think of us. :)

Love ya!
Lilly

Annie Cole said...

P.S. My mother said to tell you that she LOVES you! You made her almost cry here. :)

Love ya!
Lilly

christa said...

We love you too Margo!!!