Friday, February 27, 2009

A small glass of lemonade

So today was not my favorite day. I'm not sure why it felt the way it did, but I was not a happy camper. I don't want to go into any details mainly because I don't know any :) but no sympathy needed, just one of those days. But just like always, when I was having this crappy day, Heavenly Father sent me a few cute little things that made me smile. A few cute little things to be grateful for and end my dumb little pitty party. I just wanted to share these :)
One the way home from taking Nate to work this morning, Charity and Kelly were singing (which is actually pretty cute in and of itself, but that's not what made me laugh) but they were trying to each sing a different verse of the same song, at the same time. The started with I Am A Child of God, and did really well, it sounded really pretty. Then they tried I Love To See The Temple. This is the funny part. Charity was singing the first verse, Kelly was singing the second. Everytime they would get to the part where Kelly would say "to covenant with my father" Charity would yell, "Stopstopstop! Kellykellykelly....You're doing it WRONG!!!!" (she talks pretty quickly, and really hyper-ly if that helps you picture it) They did that like twice and then Charity said, "KELLY! You're supposed to say, 'I love to see the temple, I'll go inside some day. To....' OOOPPPSSS!!!! uh....I guess I was the one singing it wrong....." (all humbly). Then she proceeded to mumble through the first verse to figure out what she did wrong and then tried singing it with Kelly singing the second. She messed up again. At that point she screamed out "AAAHHH!!! I don't know how it goes! This is SO HARD......let's do a different song". Now that I'm typing this all out I'm not sure if it is all that funny, but if you know Charity..... She's just so funny because she is the first to tell you when you're wrong, but she's also really good at realizing and admitting that she is wrong. And she's just so hyper and full of energy (even at 7:00 in the morning) that it just makes me laugh. All the while Kelly is just giggling and going along with whatever she tells her to do :) SO CUTE!
So then, a little later in the morning, I was coming back to the car after running something that Charity left home in to the school. I had left the boys out in the car....shame on me probably. But anyway, I got back and we were pulling out of the school driveway, and Luke says to me, "you were fast mom!" I agreed with him and he said, "did you run?" I chuckled a little and said, "yeah I did run! Pretty good huh!" Then Luke, with his cute little pouty voice says to me, "I was sad mom. I was going like this *sniff sniff* (he actually sniffed his nose twice, not speaking the words)" I just about died!!! SO CUTE!! He just sounded so sweet and so patient. I apologized for making him sad and he replied all happy now, "That's okay mommy!" Funny little boy. Made me smile.
And then a little later I was getting overwhelmed with who knows what and I just sat down on the couch and cried a little (hopefully I'm not the only one who does this). I try not to do it in front of the kids a lot, and Noah was the only one in the room, so I figured I could just let it out. But one little glance at me from across the room and my cute little one-year old Noah came crawling over and stood up to my lap and laid his cute little head down on me. He kept lifting his head up to look at my face. I know that he knew I was sad and he was doing his best to console me. What a sweetheart! Heavenly Father sure has some cute little helpers when it comes to answering my prayers. I love how he does that for me sometimes!
Then when I was dropping the boys off with my mom to go to McD's (she was playing fun-grandma) I was giving them the "be good for grandma" speech, and telling them that grandma was going to need their help and sweet little Bradley interrupts me to say, "I going to use my muscles to help grandma. I will tell her that I can use my muscles to help her." So sweet!! So thoughtful. I loved it. Made me smile.
And last, but not least, my sweet Kelly. When I came home from running an errand and walked in the kitchen, she jumped up, ran over to me, wrapped her arm and her cast around me and gave me the sweetest little hello hug. The way she said, "MOMMY!" when I walked in too, was just priceless. She is so sweet to me. I love her cute little voice and her sweet hugs. It's nice to know that I was missed too :) She's a sweetie.
I just have to say that I am really grateful for my kids. This day would have completely sucked if it hadn't been for my little friends. They are such blessings. I try to make sure that when I find myself being dealt lemons, that I at least try to look for even a small glass of lemonade, so there ya have it :)

4 comments:

leah said...

You are so good, I had a day like that yesterday, just without the lemonade. My poor kids probably did cute stuff but I sure didn't notice. When Branson finally got home for the day at 9pm he found me crying on the couch, Brecken running around like crazy and Caden crying in bed. Thank goodness there is a tomorrow to start out fresh!

christa said...

Glad I'm not the only one! But I don't have the preggo excuse like you do Leah :) Thanks though....I am grateful for "tomorrow".

Unknown said...

Your kids are just the sweetest cutest little things and that is a reflection of you and what a good mother you are and what a good person you are to show them how to treat others.

Don't worry...I've been crying all week. I'm not a crier either! But, sometimes life just deserves a good cry! (((((HUG)))))

Momma Dil said...

I LOVE when you share stories like that. It makes me glad to be a mom...even though they aren't my kids...was that weird??? :)

If it makes you feel any better I do the random cry thing a lot but I'm not as good about keeping it from my kids.