Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nana is 79 (oops did I say that out loud??)




We had a really fun birthday party for Nana on Sunday. Bambi and her girls came down from Idaho to make it really special. Nana just loves to have all of her family together. And we were only missing a few, so that was pretty cool.

I didn't take very many pictures because Matt was freaking out about the flashes, but hopefully I can steal some from Bambi and my Dad. I had such a good time talking with Loni, Shalise and Nickole too. Feels like it's been so long since I saw my cousins!! I got to hear Loni's infamous getting hit by a car story that makes me laugh my brains out. She's hilarious. And when she becomes a stand up comedian, I am going to be right there on the front row just dying laughing. Loni and I worked at a pool together one summer. That was the funnest summer there. (if funnest was a word) Shalise's little baby is SO ADORABLE. It's not a very good picture but that's who Nana is holding in the picture. She has the most beautiful eyes!! Nana loves holding the babies, and we all agreed that she is the best at it. I think it's because she shakes so much, it's just like the little vibrating seats that they make for babies now :) I still can't get over how big Nickole's boys are too. It scares me to think that my kids could grow up that fast too....nah!!!! I'm so glad Bambi and everyone made the trip down here for the party. It would have been lame with just us and Nana.

I made Nana a dice cake (she likes to go to wendover :)). I don't think she does any of the dice games, but it was easy so that's what I made :) I also made her an Oreo Cake. This is the one Christy made for my birthday a few years ago, and it's the best thing ever!! Here is the recipe if you want to try it. Loni liked it and she "doesn't usually like cake" :)
Yeah, so I wanted to take this opportunity to write down some of the things I love about my Nana. Nana has taught me so many things. She's taught me the importance of family and being close to family. She has taught me the (or maybe I should say IS TEACHING me) importance of being on time for things. I think we call this punctuality. She's ALWAYS on time. And Nana is one who never goes back on what she says. If she says she's going to be somewhere, she is there. I love my nana. She's always been really easy for me to talk to. She doesn't judge me and she's very accepting of my shortcomings. And she always lets me teaser her :). In fact she's really good about teasing, and she takes it really well. I'd like to say that she dishes it out too, but she really doesn't, she's always very nice to me and generous with her compliments. Nana is one of the most generous people I know. She sacrifices so much for her family. She has always gone way out of her way to make things special for me. I love how Nana always has chocolate on hand too :) I'm grateful for my Nana. I'm glad that she lets me barge in with all my kids at any time of day with no notice, and just invade her house for hours. It's fun to live closer again. So anyway. If you're reading this Nana, I love you!! Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:

*Ashleigh* said...

Fun times :0) Poor Kelly! Don't kick yourself about being a bad Mom... you SO aren't!! We all have those moments, you are a great Mom where it really counts, you teach them to CTR and you are always talking about fun stuff you do with them, you are so sweet and loving and that's what counts.

The Wies Family said...

I love the cake! I am big into making cute decorative cakes and that one is very creative! It looks pretty simple...I might have to duplicate it one of these days.

The Wies Family said...

I love the cake! I am big into making cute decorative cakes and that one is very creative! It looks pretty simple...I might have to duplicate it one of these days.