I reached for the TP and this is the message that I beheld. "I Love Mom!!" Charity is so creative in the ways she expresses her love. I couldn't get myself to use it, so I took a picture of it instead. Charity is a sweetie
I tried a fun little game with Brad and Luke (trying to get Luke interested in the potty) where I drew a little bullseye target on a square of toilet paper (hence the permanent marker use in the bathroom), and then let Bradley aim at them. I told them they could get points for hitting the center. They liked it and were really excited about it for about an hour and a half. It has since died out. I'm going to try it again soon, I think it's a cute idea. Everyone tells me to use cheerios, but I just think my kids will start to think it's fun to put food in the toilet, so I am going to pass on that one. But I thought I would ask if anyone has any other creative ideas for getting Luke interested in the potty. Just a little background....he was really into it WAY back when Brad was learning, and I SHOULD have jumped on that, but I was too lazy. But NOW he is just SO against going in the potty, sitting on the potty, and even getting changed in the bathroom makes him cringe now. It's really just starting to bug me. He's 3, so he's not TOO old, but he's getting there! He totally has the personality where he will not do anything until he wants to. It takes some serious persuasion to get him to do anything. I think I'm just up for some fresh ideas if anyone's got any. I know that it's best to wait until they are ready, but is there something I can do to speed that up??? IDEAS???
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Could you wipe your bumb with this???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We always did Colors in the potty. If they actually produced something in the potty, I put a couple of drops of food coloring in the water (they got to choose the color) and then they got to flush it down. No food, no treats...and it's like magic. Good luck.
I have no idea. Abby still is only half and half with the potty training. Camden who is 6 still has accidents 2-3 times a day. It's killing me.
How fun! What a bunch of cuties you have :0) I heard a great PT trick that I am going to try with Kahner... it is from the book "Potty Training in One Day", I haven't read it just heard about it... anyway, take him to the store and let him choose out ANY drinks he wants (of course maybe head for the juice section :)) or maybe if that's too much you could pick something you know he likes and make it a big deal that these are LUKEY's PT drinks to get him excited...anyway then you spend the WHOLE day just pushing as much liquid as you can on him and then ask about every 10 minutes if they need to go potty or just taking them in there w/out asking in your little guys case since he's not a big fan and would probably say no either way... but anyway it helps to have the sticker chart or the "prizes" I was also thinking of taking Kahner to all a dollar and letting him choose some "prizes" if he poopies... my friend actually hung toys on the wall (really high up of course) so that he could see what he could potentially "win", this method does consume a lot of time for a day or two but think of having him possibly being PT in a day or two??!! Sounds good to me! Good luck! Hey, we are coming out to my Mom's next week wanna do a playdate? I'm not sure what day, I need to register Duc's trailer (still reg. in my Dad's name so I have to go w/my Mom) let me know if you feel up to a playdate and if so what day's and times work best for ya :0)anyday but Friday for me since the DMV is closed on Fridays.
I've discovered there are no "quick" tricks. It just takes tons of time and patience. Luckily we know that eventually everyone learns how. So don't freak out yet!
That t.p. note...is so...oh, my tummy...funny...can't...breathe...
Post a Comment