K- so you know how Nate was talking about them extending his stay in Oklahoma?? WELL!! He calls me yesterday and tells me that in fact they did make some changes to his schedule there and that "He will be coming home at a different time". I immediately got mad, and asked when the new date was, and to that Nate said, "the 26th!" WHAAAATTTTTT AAAHHHH!!! I was so ticked off (you all know he was scheduled to come home on the 7th October before, right?). So then he chimes in with SEPTEMBER 26th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!
and then I was happy :) (always has to be some kind of mood swing with me huh :) I have been on a cloud ever since, and can't stop smiling!! That's almost 2 weeks less!!! This may seem insignificant to other people, but with my husband 2 weeks is priceless!!!! I am SO GLAD, and SO GRATEFUL!!! I totally just feel like this was a nice little surprise from my Heavenly Father- ya know, a little gift. It's SO wonderful :) When I told the girls they insisted that we cut of the supurfluous links on our chain and get it up to date with the NEW homecoming schedule!! Here's a picture of what we took off :) Only 20 more days!!!
We're so happy- YAY FOR US!!
(I'm not sure how they can do this, or why the sudden change of plans, all I can say is it's the Government- go figure.
Nate was totally going to wait and not tell me unti right before, the little stinker!
Lucky for me he couldn't keep a secret!! This is just the best news I've heard in months!)

7 comments:
YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! (I don't know if that's readable) I am so so thrilled for you. That's awesome!! That would have been fun to get a phone call that he was at the airport and two weeks early. But I can understand how hard that would be for him to keep it a secret. I'm so happy for you!
Oh Christa, I am so excited for you and your family. I couldn't imagine being away that long. Again I am so excited your kids are probably thrilled.
Yay for you!!!!!!!! Yay for Nate too!!! We wanna come to the welcome home party.....that is.... if you have one!
WAHOOO! I am so excited for you and the kids--oh a little for the rest of us in the extended fam! The time will go by so much faster! Please let me know if you need any help with airport stuff or travel, or planning a yay for you nate party, ect.
I'm so excited for you guys! That is so great! I wanna come to a party too!! Maybe we should have it in Vegas?? :)
Great news!! I'm so excited for you and Nate and the kids. :) Woohoo!!
That means only 2 more Sacrament Meetings without your hubby. Of course, I fully expect you to still sit close by! ;)
We really must be great friends because I couldn't stop smiling and being all happy when I heard the new either!
Post a Comment