Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Crazy Talk

I love reading everyone's posts about what their kids say, so I thought I would do one of my own. I've been saving this up for a while now- thought I'd post it and start on a new one :) Kids are hilarious- that's for sure!

Charity: that's so SOAKIN' cool (she thinks it's like very, she'll say it about anything)- obviously comes from the term "soaking wet"--- she has been saying it for a LONG time, I can't get myself to correct her :)- keeps her young in my mind :)

Kelly: When grandpa was taking me to Chuck-E-Cheese I kept nagging him and asking him when we were going to be there :) (I love that she used the word "nagging"- too funny)

Kelly: I sang all the Christmas songs to Noah because he missed Christmas?

Brad to Luke (teaching him how to say Provo): It's "Pwoh-BO" Lukey, say it, "PWOH-BO"
Luke: "Bobo"
Brad: NO LUKEY!! "PWOH-BOH"
Luke: "Bobo, Bobo, Bobo"

Charity (on the way to the temple for Maryn's sealing): Maryn and James are going to have kids now! Mom, can we go visit Maryn at the hospital when she has a baby? PLEEEEASE????

Charity: When Maryn and James have a baby will their baby be my cousin?
Me: No, I think their baby would be your second cousin.
Charity: No Mom, I have WAY more than TWO cousins!! Their baby would be like my HUNDRED cousin!

Brad (in the car on the way home from the store): Mom, where's your treat??
Me: Oh, I don't have one. I guess Mommy wasn't good enough.
Brad: You were good! You were weewy good!! You can have some of my treat!


Charity (while we're reading scriptures one night): Mom, I can't believe you guys named Noah after a WICKED KING! He's gonna be so sad when he reads about that in the scriptures! I feel bad for him.

Bradley: (say this with a lisp, I don't think you'll understand it if I write it out phonetically :)) Why this watermelon have water dripping out?
Me: ????? Oh is it juicy?!!
Bradley: yeah, it getting all over the place!
Me: you should go outside so it's not dripping all over the floor.
Bradley: No, then it going melt!!

Kelly: We did warmups before we played freeze tag today.
Bradley: Did you bring them home with you?
Kelly: The warmups?
Brad: yeah?
Kelly: Brad you don't bring warmups home from school when you're in Kindergarten! (I just love how she throws in the "when you're in Kindergarten part" she's such a cool big girl :))

Luke: Dat not a belly button, DAT MY HOLE!! Let me see your hole mommy....... (I'm still laughing. He got a kick out my hole :) lol) He's been calling his belly button his hole for a while now- it's the funniest thing ever.

Charity: Mom, you're absolutely, probably right, it does look like it's going to rain.

Even I'VE been known to say a crazy thing or two:
me to luke: Hurry and finish your pizza and then you can have some more baby food.
me to brad: If you don't get in bed right now you will not be hunting for bugs tomorrow.
me to charity: No, you cannot sweep the floor right now, it is time for bed!

5 comments:

Momma Dil said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...my belly is still hurting from laughing so hard. Fun post!

meg said...

Hehehe! I love these kind of posts. They crack me up. Especially since I can totally picture them saying all of it. How do remember all the things they say. I hate that I forget them!

andersons said...

That was funny. I loved the King Noah one. Hysterical! Cally

Jared and Erin said...

I love the Provo one. We didn't correct my little sister with "mazagine" and "breakfrest" until she was in middle school. It was funny when we realized she was still talking like that.

Julz said...

Hilarious! My favorite was your quotes. I totally know what you mean- "You have to eat your french fries before you can have some ice-cream!"