(I think it's technically Joyschool, but I couldn't get the girls to quit calling it Preschool to him, so that's what we're calling it :)) Either way- Bradley had his first day today!!!! He was absolutely THRILLED!! And I must say it was a pleasure to have him so upbeat this morning and running around getting himself ready without any trouble. What a sweetheart he was all morning! I wanted to get pictures of him there, but I was afraid I'd scare him with the whole making a bigger deal of it. He's not the easiest kid to pry myself away from when it's time to "drop him off" at Primary, so I wasn't sure how this was going to go. But much to my surprise, he laid a big fat kiss on my cheek, and walked right in there, hardly looking back! It was way cute. I hate watching my kids go, and grow up, but I LOVE to see them all independent and thinking they're all that and a bag of chips, so this was fun. He did such a good job.
I have been sitting on the fence with the decision to put him in preschool this year. I couldn't get myself to commit to it until just recently. I hate sending him off this early. I mean he's still got 2 more years before he starts Kindergarten, and I just wanted to be able to enjoy that time with him!! Charity didn't go to preschool, and Kelly didn't go until the year before so this was a strange idea for me. Kinda silly of me to not want him to go when it's only 4 hours a week, but STILL!! Bradley has seemed to need a little more social interaction though, so I thought preschool might be just the thing. I hate the thought of paying for social interaction, so Joyschool is perfect for us. We have a group of us in the ward here (5 kids) who will be doing Joyschool together. I think after the first day and seeing how excited Bradley is, I am sold! I think it was great for him. The girls made sure he had his little backpack (they searched for one that didn't look TOO girly :)), they told him all the things they could to give him the heads up on school life. It was way cute to hear them tell him goodbye and goodluck in Preschool when we were dropping them off at school. And even cuter when I heard Bradley reassuring Luke that he would be okay with Mommy while his big brother was gone and that he would be right back. I'm so glad my kids have each other!! (one of those happy-to-be-a-mom moments that I live for :)) But anyway. He had a good time. When I picked him up he was inside reading while everyone else was outside playing :) He was happy though, that's all that matters to me right now :) My big boy Bradley is growing up!!! (even though I keep telling him not to!)
(By the way, I am going to have just 2 kids for 2 hours a day 2 days a week from here on out- it was crazy!!! We did have to go to the school and work in the take home library for about a half hour, but it was so weird to only haul in the two of them when we got home!! It will be interesting. I will have to start planning some fun Lukey and Mommy activities for him. He was definitely bored. If anyone has any ideas, they are welcome!)

3 comments:
My little 3-year-old started joyschool/preschool today also. I think it's such a great idea and fun that you can do it with friends and neighbors.
Three kids in school? Man you are so OLD! LOL
I love how much you adore your kids. It totally makes me want to appreciate the little moments with mine more!
That's so cool!, Enoch loved preschool last year. It helped him so much. Now he is bored while Sierra is at school. I wish I could get some people around here to do Joyschool! Sounds like Brad loves it though so that rocks. You'll just have to do lots of fun crafty things with Lukey--kinda like the stuff that you already do but just with him!! Yay for you Brad!
Post a Comment