I remember the days when I would spend a half hour on Charity's hair in the mornings. She'd sit there with her fruit snacks in hand, practicing our facial expressions in the mirror, and we'd do whatever crazy concoction I had come up with that day to her hair. It was fun and I loved that she had so much hair to do. I was grateful for it and we were sure to show it off. Kelly's was always fun too- I had always wanted blond hair when I was little. She was really good to let me do whatever as well. But I must admit I've gotten really lazy over the last couple of years when it comes to doing my girls' hair. It's sad too because they have such nice hair to do!! I don't know if it started because they suddenly hated having their hair done, or if it was the lack of ideas and we just got bored with the same old, or the lack of time.....but we really hadn't done anything real exciting for a long time. I always felt guilty when I would hear about people with all boys who just wished they had a daughter and could do her hair. Here I have 2, and I was totally taking it for granted. But isn't that how it is- you want what you don't have and you don't appreciate what you do. I have been feeling like a slacker when I see girls being dropped off at school with every hair in place and creatively done, while my girls' hair was just in a lame little pony tail (again), scraggly ends hanging out because I didn't even take the time to wet it.
Not anymore though!!! Not for me!! Ever since I started clicking on the links to the hairdo blogs on Jen's blog, I've been obsessed with doing my girls' hair. It's SO FUN!! To have a new, fun hairdo to try on them anytime I wish, has been like such a breath of fresh air. And they've actually enjoyed looking at them with me and then picking out one they like. It also adds a good half hour of talk time with each of them that we normally wouldn't have had. Kelly's really easy going about it and not too picky. Charity on the other hand doesn't want to look "dorky" (as she puts it), so she has to look at quite a few before she'll settle on one :) But Charity is surprisingly much more cooperative than she normally has been, knowing it's going to be something new and exciting. I like feeling like I did something with them in the morning besides rush them around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
I haven't been taking pictures of them as I should, but they've been so much fun for us. I'm gonna have to post some this week so you can all help me choose which ones to do for picture day.
So anyway- this is the one we did for Kelly on Sunday. All morning she kept telling me how pretty she felt, and kept hopping around so that she could feel the ringlets bounce. It was adorable. I don't know if I like the look from the front as much, but Kelly makes it cute :) It's been a while since her hair saw this much curl. Anyway- I'm going to steal all the links from Jen's blog, so if anyone's interested I'll put those in my sidebar..... so fun!
Monday, September 22, 2008
We're doing hair again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment