Monday, March 17, 2008

Thanks Grandpa Hatch!!


So last Wednesday my dad came down to "help us change our brake pads". Well, that "simple" little project soon became a 2 day, much larger one, when we realized that not only were the pads worn down, but the roter (sp) on the left side was almost non-existent as well, and that the caliper also needed to be replaced. Needless to say it took my dad all day Wednesday and well into the night. Then Thursday as well. It was a HUGE ordeal. I felt so bad asking him to help with the pads, so when it ended up taking so long, I felt even worse. But we were SO grateful to have had his help. What would we have done.....I don't know....

I gave Brad the camera to take some pictures of grandpa and Daddy working on the car, and these are what he brought me :) Not exactly what I was looking for, but it will do :)


So I had a thought while my dad was going on about how bad everything looked, and how he's surprised I was even able to drive it as long as I was, and how if we drove it any longer it could be REALLY dangerous..... I realized- hmmmm maybe all those times of praying for safety in our travels (as we usually do), really paid off :) I mean- I think we have been VERY blessed with that safety. So when you think you're just praying for something just in case, and when nothing bad happens you think nothing of it--- think again.

Charity got her birthday kite up and flying- not that high :) but it's up :) She's new.... we'll have to practice. It was fun for her though!

For dessert we all made this Rice Krispie Treat Pizza. It was pretty cute- as you can see- it lookes just like a pizza complete with fruit roll up pepperonis. Fun, but not as good as you would think- I think it was the strawberry jam that was making me gag a little :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You have a great backyard for kite flying!! (Sorry, I think I'm leaving too many comments.)