Monday, March 24, 2008

HAPPY EASTER!


It took the kids a while to find their baskets this year- Nate hid them, no clues, no nothing- just go find them :) (well, they did get a few clues after a while :) but how impressed was I when they actually found them!


mid-sentence :) she's such a cutie :)

AWWWW!!! how cute is my little Noah!

he doesn't even have several pounds of sugar surging through his veins like the other kids and yet he's still smiling :)

such a cute little guy!


Not sure what this little animal is up to- looks like he's being a dog or something, but he dumped his candy out to eat it off the floor- what a nut.

took her a while but she found it!

YAY!!

sorry Kelly, another mid-sentence picture!
We hope you all had a nice Easter. We did. We enjoyed a nice relaxing morning, then scrambled to get to church on time. Then we headed on up to Nate's parent's for a yummy Easter Dinner. Very nice. It was a good Easter this year.
I for one am very thankful that I made it through another one without having to explain that there isn't really an Easter Bunny. It's so sad, but on St. Patrick's Day we did the little- hide the "pot of gold" from the Leprechaun thing, and it didn't go over so well with Charity. She kind of caught on to things and asked if there really was such thing as Leprechauns, and I had to explain it all to her. She cried. It was SO SAD! So I was afraid she would use the logic on the Easter Bunny too- thankfully she didn't. I'm totally dreading explaining Santa- that was a tough one for me even. So anyway- it was nice.
I was really pleased (one of those "I'm an okay mom" moments) when Nate was trying to get the kids to realize that the Easter bunny had come, and he said, "Do you remember what happens on Easter?" and Charity answered, "Jesus is Resurrected?" I had actually gotten that through to them this year! How cool is that! Mission Accomplished :)


We had some parasailers come through our neighborhood- reminded me of the days in Sandy when we would sit and watch them on the point of the mountain- sorry for the lame picture, but it was a cool little memory trigger.

1 comment:

Momma Dil said...

I love their faces...priceless!