Monday, March 3, 2008

Noah's Blessing Day


This was before church- he looked SO HANDSOME in his white shirt and pants. What a cutie. What a special day it is when babies are blessed. I totally love it. It was so nice to have everyone support and company that day too. Thanks everyone.
(I'm really glad I got this picture even though it's not very fancy, because as soon as we got home he had a huge diaper blowout-shoulda kept the big 2's on him afterall. I told him not to poop until I got a few pictures of him in his blessing clothes and with the family, but he had other plans I guess)


(I had to put him in a white onesie just so that he still looked like the blessee)


my camera wasn't working the best so this was the only picture I got of the whole group- we had a pretty good turnout though- thanks everyone that came.


This is a way cute picture of Noah with his grandparents.
(I just wish he was in his blessing clothes!!- I was a little bugged about the whole poop thing, in case you can't tell :))


This is cute- Kelly is such the cute big sister. This is the afghan my mom made him- it was beautiful! Thanks again mom!


This turned out to be okay :) Although, it was one of those things where, for the last month or so I've been planning out how we will get everyone dressed in really nice Sunday clothes for the blessing so that we can have my dad take "a really nice family picture". Well, the first thing that went wrong was that Kelly and Charity wouldn't wear the dresses I had wanted (the ones that would look good with what everyone else was going to wear). Then the whole rushing around before church made it impossible to take, and then before I knew it- Noah had pooped out his clothes; Brad's tie was gone; Brad's, Luke's and Nate's suit coats were all off; Kelly's dress that didn't match to begin with had been replaced by a dirty shirt and a skirt that was too short, and Charity....well, Charity actually stayed dressed (wrong dress though :)), and Me, I just look tired all the time, so that doesn't help. And then to top it off- my dad forgot his camera :)
It was silly of me to think I would get something to work out so perfectly at a time like that. Maybe next week :)
I do like this picture though, aside from it's imperfections- My husband looks cute, the kids are all smiling, and we're all happy to be alive :) (unfortunately, yes, that is a huge bruise on Luke's face he kissed the patio a few days before---that was when I got the first inklings that this picture thing was not a good idea :) shoulda listened)



This is when Brad had the camera- but I thought he took some cute pictures :)


Brad took this one too- sorry your head's chopped off Sarah- looks like he needs a little more practice :)


So this morning- the day AFTER his blessing, when the poop had bleached out of his clothes quite nicely- I put Noah back in them, and tried for some more pictures...

he wasn't really in the mood....

we're done :) Maybe later...maybe Kiddie Kandids (I've missed that place!!)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute! I swear if it's not one thing, it's 10 others when you are trying to keep kids clean for pictures. I love the family picture, even though it's not "perfect" it's perfect because it's just how they are. Some of my favorite pictures are the ones that haven't turned out as I had planned.

Natalie said...

There are few things that are more stressful than arranging a "perfect" family picture. They are a lot of work and planning and never do turn out how you imagine. But in your picture everyone is so cute and no one is crying, so I think it was a success. You're kids are so stinkin' cute!! I forgot to look at Noah on Sunday, so I'm glad you posted these pictures of him. What a handsome dude!!