Friday, November 14, 2008

Has the suspense been killing you too??


The long awaited day arrived!! The "mean guys" (Luke seriously called the guys that were out there working on his blessed playground "mean guys"!! I honestly think that he is a little racist :)) finally finished "our" playground!!! We're so happy :) We saw the big pile of wood chips out there this morning when we went to take the girls to school, so we knew it was probably going to be up and running by this afternoon.....the kids' excitement has seriously been building up ever since they started digging and finally just peaked today! It was intense :) We saw the huge pile of woodchips out there when we took the girls to school, and then they were shoveling it in by the time we picked up Kelly. Then during rest time Kelly's friend Abby came over and we saw that the playground was all done!! No more caution tape, and the wood chips were set!!! So I let everyone end rest time early to go out and take her out for a spin! They were so thrilled. I have to admit I think that most of the moms there were pretty thrilled as well. People were coming from miles around (jk) just to test it out. Pretty fun stuff. Kelly, Brad and Luke played on it for about an hour and a half before they were bored and started wandering around elsewhere. I actually made a couple new friends today from the forbidden territory of the other ward. So I stood there talking to them for a couple of hours before I realized it was time to pick up Charity from school (not a moment too soon). Then once Charity got home, she spent a good 45 minutes out there before deciding it was too cold. But what fun!! We're so excited :) Thank you Eagle Mountain for forking out the dough to get us a playground- now we don't have to :)




Kelly calls this the "Dinosaur wall"





One of my favorite things about having kids is the getting so excited for such little things. I don't know how people can survive without that! (I know Aimee was feeling it!!) It's so fun to let your excitement build up for a month and get all jittery about every single step that is taken to the end result. And then to be able to enjoy the fruits of your anticipation!! It's just so awesome!! A PLAYGROUND! Who would have thought this could be so thrilling :)


Lukey was in heaven :) He just kept going down the big slide and then marching his way back up there to go back down again. Not letting anyone slow him down. (just to see how close it is to our house- that is our white garage you can see in the background. Our garage is on the side of our house- this park is our next door neighbor :))

A HANGING BAR!!! YAY!!!! (see what I mean!)


Noah enjoyed my camera case immensely I'm sure :) And he did go down the smaller slide a few times with Lukey, but obviously no pictures of that.

Check out the crowd!


Here's Isabel and Abby. They're our cute little friends from down the street.
awww.
Good thing Lukey wears diapers! That could've been a killer of a wedgie.
I just took this one to capture the aroma of the freshly laid wood chips. They aren't my favorite thing to have in playgrounds (so unsanitary- don't get me started on the kid we would see peeing in them at our park in Taylorsville- like EVERY TIME we were there!!! and they are kinda messy, Kelly had them all over her when she came inside, but anyway, enough complaining, sorry), but they sure smelled good today! AND it was all soft and bouncy under our feet. Give it a few days I guess :) HA! jk. I'm so negative!
And here's one of the few shots I got of Charity on the playground. She didn't slow down long enough. She found a friend out there and she was off. But I'm glad she likes it :) It was like an early Christmas for all of us :)

4 comments:

Julz said...

Congrats!!! I am very excited for you! Can you even watch them from a window or are you going to have to go over there every time? We have to drive to go to parks. It bites. Anyway- I sure miss hangin' out with you at the park!! Oh and thanks for reminding me about the peeing kid. Good times.

*Ashleigh* said...

FUN! We have a playground across the street too and it is SO great:) Cute pics:)

Natalie said...

That is awesome! And it's SOOO close! That's the best kind of neighbor to have. I can understand why your kids were in heaven.

Aimee said...

YAY!!! What a fun little park! I am glad that you FINALLY posted pics of it...ha ha!