Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a few things that brightened my day

Yesterday was a very interesting day. Not one I would like to repeat, but LOTS of cute things happened that I want to remember. And it's been a while since I posted about Sunday :)

Noah had been sick for a few days, but Sunday morning Bradley and I both woke up not feeling well either, so the three of us opted out of church for the day. Bradley was really cute about missing church and told Daddy to "tell my teacher that I am sick, and that's why I'm not at church". He didn't want them to wonder where he was :) I thought it was cute. So all day Bradley was the cutest, sweetest kid ever. I know this is bad, but I love how my kids are when they're sick- they're really sweet! Bradley thanked me for his medicine, and cuddled up in bed with me, and then everytime he woke up he would rest his hand on me until he fell back asleep. He was really just so sweet!! He slept a LOT.
Noah on the other hand was not drugged up and really wasn't acting too sick for most of the day, but he needed my constant attention and had to be held EVERY SECOND! It was okay of course since I was just sitting in bed. We had some good Noah/Mommy bonding time. I tried to get him to say "Ma-Ma" most of the day.
My sweet husband came home from church and didn't even sit down when he came in and got right to making dinner. I couldn't tell you what a huge relief that was. He's so good at taking care of our family- even when he has to do it on his own. Which, making dinner isn't a big deal until you combine it with not feeling well, so I was just glad I didn't even have to ask him. He's my hero. (and he hugged me lots which is always a bonus). And actually now that I think about it he made breakfast and lunch too, and got all the kids ready to go....boy, the good things he does sure get overlooked sometimes!
Sweet little Kelly had become part of her teacher's "Secret Service Club" and had made some cute little hearts that she was to leave for people when she did a service for them. Then they were supposed to do something for someone else and leave the heart for them. Very cute idea!! It totally got Kelly in the service mode! She was running around the house doing things for everyone and then getting them all excited about it too- it was adorable. Charity and Bradley were excited to be in the Secret Service Club. I was grateful for that. It's not always easy to get them excited about serving others- this one worked so well. She's even carrying it on today and taking something for her friend at school....very sweet.
SO THEN!!! This is my favorite part, I think. While Noah, Nate and I were laying in bed watching a movie, cute little Noah turned his head around and looked at me and said, "MA MA MA!" I was SO EXCITED!!! (All my hard work had paid off, and he was finally saying my name :)) I just cheered for him and he clapped for himself, and then Nate and I proceeded to try to get him to say it again, to which Noah would clap for us when we said it :) He's such a stud.
I'm so grateful for the little things my family does to make my life so enjoyable....even when I was sick!

3 comments:

Buchanan Fam said...

What a cute family!

*Ashleigh* said...

Awwww! What a cute family! Come see our blog too:) http://phanphamily.blogspot.com
I was happy you found me on facebook and even happier that you have a blog... I am so much better at blogging:) Hope to hear from you soon.

Nate and Emily said...

SO great to hear from you! I've been wondering whats going on with you! There is a girl in my ward that looks a lot like you, and she is one of the nursery leaders, so I always think of you when I see her. Your kids are so cute! Its so fun raising a family, huh? Keeps life fun. Where are you guys living now? We are in Layton and lovin' life. Keep in touch!