Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Could it be more than a rumor???

We live next door to an empty lot that until now contained only a pile of rocks and a myriad of weeds....oh and some Sunflowers that Luke and Brad had become quite fond of. Well, a few weeks ago a guy came by and was doing some measuring and walked around the spot for a while. Bradley was quite uncomfortable with this, so I went out and asked him what he was doing. The guy said that "they are going to be putting in a PAVILLION right there" and he had to make some last minute measurements (or whatever). I thought "a pavillion???" And immediately asked, "playground too????" But no. He said it was just a pavillion (kinda lame if you ask me- a water retention pond with a PAVILLION!!). But whatever, we're renting, it's not like we're going to be here forever, bla bla bla....I got over it. But THEN, just last week, they began working on the place. First came a guy who bulldozed "OUR ROCKS!!!!" and "OUR SUNFLOWERS!!!!" and made a nice smooth spot. This took him about a day to accomplish. And then took Brad and Luke only an hour to destroy (not really, but it did have some rocks thrown on it). And then, like Thursday, they started pouring cement!! BUT it wasn't in the shape of a pavillion??? it is more the shape of...... A PLAYGROUND!!!! So we got more and more curious!! And THEN SUNDAY, Nate heard the rumor that this REALLY IS A PLAYGROUND!!! So what do you think??? Could this really be how they pour the cement for a pavillion? or is it really my dream come true...a playground right next door????? How nice would that be!! Maybe we WILL stay here forever :) (I'm kidding, I think this commute would kill me- notice I say me and not Nate- I hate knowing that he's off work, but not with me :) jk. he's not all that fond of it either.) It does look like a playground area right??? Maybe they screwed up and that's why they haven't come back since :) I'm voting for a playground :) of course.

6 comments:

leah said...

That would be AWESOME if it were a playground. I don't think I'd get my hopes up if I were you. By the way, you CAN'T move! Houses are cheap around here! That's why we live here.

Lace said...

oooooooo! This is so exciting! I would be just as excited as you about this. I hope it really IS a playground!

Unknown said...

That's what I thought when I saw it too. That's exactly how we (we meaning half the neighborhood) started off the park by my house. It looks like a park enclosure, not a pavilion. But, I can't figure out why they'd put a park so close to the street. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and don't move. Buy my house and live happily ever afer! ;)

Buchanan Fam said...

Oh I hope they put a playground in. It would be so lame just to put in a pavilion. Who would use a pavilion with no playground? Well, I guess people without kids would.

Momma Dil said...

I just so happen to know a neighborhood where there are lots of houses for sale and has a playground just down the street :)

Chelsea said...

wow. i need to go a little further down the street on a more regular basis! btw, i know a fabulous home for sale. your address would hardly change and you'd be even closer to school. :)