Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Bradley!!

Bradley turned 4!!!!! Yesterday was his birthday!! This has been a long awaited and much looked forward to birthday! I think it passed the Brad test :) He had a lot of fun. He started his day out with fun decorations that Daddy had put up (this is a tradition that given mine and Nate's stubborness will never die- we had to run to the store really late the night before to get the streamers and balloons). He was thrilled of course :) Then he got to go to Joy School (took some convincing Mommy to let him go on his birthday I hate not being with them every second on their birthday- I like to be there to make it special. He had a BLAST at Joyschool! His teacher made him a birthday crown, she had a balloon taped to the door, and a little "Happy Birthday Bradley" written on the sign on the door!! She made it really special for him and then we took cupcakes with little spiders/octopi (I thought the bag of gumdrops I had bought had black ones, nope- I think they would have looked more like spiders if they weren't purple :)). He had a good time. And then the rest of the day he just grew more and more impatient waiting to open his presents :) Luckily Meg came by!! That really helped break up the impatience :) I got to sit and visit with Meg, and Bradley got to open a present :) And all the kids got to play. What a fun day.
Here's Brad opening his helicopter which he has grown quite possessive of ever since the Scouts tried to play with it!

Meg left because she didn't want to have to drive home in the dark, but after getting sucked in to Jared and Paulette's house (that's a good sucked in, in case you forgot :)), she came back over for the party (and some ice cream :)). Meg's the coolest! Although she did end up having to drive home in the dark and I still haven't heard whether she made it home okay!! I hope you made it okay, Meg!!!
Here's Bradley opening his presents. I must say this (again) I didn't get very many/good pictures of Bradley's birthday party. I hate it when I am lazy about pictures because then when I go to post them on my blog I realize how terrible they are, and how few, and that I don't even have ONE picture with Meg in it!!!!!!!!!! and she was at my house TWICE!!!! So anyway. I apologize. So much for getting pictures for ya Meg. :( Anyway- back to the excitement of Brad's party :)
Love the tongue hanging out :)


and this is one of my all-time favorite things, dating back to when Steve was little- I LOVE it when little kids pull out the present, hold it away from them, almost without even looking at it, and take one more look back in the bag (checking to see if they've been spoiled with anything else)-- Brad's a pro :) He found some batteries in this second look :) Love it.

Thanks for coming Jared and Paulette!!


and Meg, and Heidi, and Steve and Grandpa, and Grandma!!! It was nice to have you all!!

The kids all had a blast with the whoopy coushin that Heidi gave him :) if only I had captured that excitement on camera!

Here he is blowing out his candles on his "Lightning Bolt Cake". Yes, that is what he wanted. I tried to talk him back into his Spiderman Cake idea, but he was stuck on this. I'm sure this was easier, but definitely strange :) He's so creative though- it's definitely a Brad cake :)

"Did I do it? Do I get my birthday wish??"


Bradley is an amazing little kid. I have a hard time understanding him sometimes, because he's so complex and he's got so many cracks and crevices in his personality. But really, he's my hero. He's sweet and loving to his mommy, giving me hugs all the time. He will stop in the middle of what he's doing and just come and give me a hug and a kiss- I love that. He's smart and pays attention really well when he wants to. I'm finding that out more and more as he's started Preschool. Along with his attention to detail. He takes his time with things and makes sure he does them right. He's really logical too. He thinks everything is a game or a joke :) (sometimes not a good thing :)) He does really well when things are explained in great depth to him. As long as he knows what's going on- he's happy. He loves Halloween things right now- there's a house down the street that he BEGS me to take him by everytime we get in the car. He likes planes, trucks, "shooting guns" as he calls them, and just about anything. Bradley has a perfect smile. His dimples are the best. He LOVES his Daddy (in case I haven't mentioned that enough). I think Mommy takes a close second :), but Daddy is definitely his #1. He is a fast runner! I'm not exaggerating, play a game of tag with him and he'll really give you a run for your money. He looks like a Super-Hero when he runs too- very cool- he's Super Brad. Bradley is also really gentle and loving. Just yesterday he let a pet grasshopper go (even though that meant he wouldn't be able to take it to JoySchool today) because "he going miss his Daddy and Mommy. He going miss his family". He's really sensitive, which can sometimes give him trouble, but I think it's sweet how sensitive he is. I just love my Bradwee. He's a sweetheart. I'm glad he finally got his birthday, and he finally turned four because he has been looking forward to it for so long. But I can't believe how fast he's grown!!!

Me: Brad!!! You're going to be 4 tomorrow!! how cool is that!
Bradley: Then I going be taller than Kelly, and FASTER than Kelly!
You guys going watch me grow???

Some things we want to remember about Brad:
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Animal: Zebra (it's different every time I ask him :) it has been dinosaur, and giraffe quite recently)
Favorite Breakfast: Toast
Favorite Lunch: Macaroni and Cheese!!!
Favorite Dinner: Macaroni and Cheese (bad habit we started when Nate was gone)
Favorite Thing to do: play a game on the computer
Favorite Place to go: Ol' McDonald's
Favorite person to play with: Noah
Favorite Treat: Gummi Worms

Bradley on his BIRTHday
Brad at 1 year- can you look at this picture without at least smiling? if not laughing :)
The two-year old version of Bubba
My handsome little 3 year old
He's grown so much and so fast!!! What's the deal with that!

2 comments:

Julz said...

Happy birthday Brad! Man time flies. I remember when you were in the hospital after you just had him and Nate brought the girls over for Ty's b-day party. That really didn't seem that long ago!

meg said...

That was SOOO much fun!! We had a blast at your house and at Jared and Paulette's and then at your house again. Thanks for being so flexible and letting us come hang out. My kids had the best time. The really didn't want to leave. I think that we need to come out there like once a month and play (at least) and you guys need to come out one day. Brad was so cute at the party. The whoopie cushion was a crack up!! BTW I am glad you don't have any shots of me--I hate pics of myself! Happy Birthday Brad, we love you!! Also I love the favorites thing remind me to do that on my boys b-day!!