Yesterday was Brad's first Joyschool Field Trip. So Bradley, Luke, Noah and I got to go to Cornbelly's down at Thanksgiving Point. We got in on the group discount, so it was really cheap and really fun. My boys had a blast.
They had this huge Jumping Pillow which we all played on (including Noah) for quite a while, it was way fun.
some cute springy toys
here's Brad sliding down the pillow- I totally couldn't get him to take his hood off. If there's a hood, it's on his head.
This was funny because Luke almost slid down the slide face first!
This was a fun little train the boys climbed on
They had this huge stack of hay bales with ladders, stairs, climbing nets, and then all sorts of slides coming off the top of it. It was so fun for the boys to play on. It was interesting watching Luke climb up on his own- this is the part where the girls usually come in handy
but he did pretty good and made it up there.
This was kind of a boy's heaven in my opinion (girls would love it too)
Here's Abby and Isabel. They just walked up behind the thing and stuck their heads through :) So cute! Abby is one of Kelly's friends (she got to skip school- the lucky duck!). Isabel is one of the kids in Brad's Joyschool class- she's such a cutie. I wish would have gotten more of a group picture of all the joyschool kids, but oh well.
Here's Noah trying to enjoy things. It was really cold when we left- and then I had to take off his jeans to get him in the little snow suit. Then I left the pants in the car, so he was stuck in this thing all day- even when it got pretty warm. One of those dumb-mommy moments. But whatever- at least he wasn't cold. It's funny because I wouldn't have even thought to put my kid in something like that in AK in these temps, but here we are- CLIMATIZED back in Utah! Noah did really well the whole day. He wanted to be held a little, and was a little fussy before we went over to Farm Country, but once I put him back in his seat, he was out. (course it was then that we finally sat down and had our picnic lunch :) and could have fed him, but what that's a baby for ya) He liked the change of scenery I'm sure.
This is the mechanical Chicken Show. The boys absolutely LOVED this thing! It was hilarious! We totally had to drag them away from it when it was actually even over! Funny boys. You can see Luke, Brekken, Caden and Bradley just mesmerized by the talking chickens :)
This was the Cow Train. We waited in line for a LONG time (well, I shouldn't say "we"- thanks to the pig race, I got out of that one- thanks Leah!) for this ride. The boys loved being off on their own I think :) It was pulled by a tractor going no more than 3 miles an hour, so I can't imagine it was all that exciting otherwise :) Kids are funny.
There's Brekken and Caden in their cow too. What fun.
After our train ride we headed on over to the Pumpkin Patch and Brad picked out his pumpkin. I'm learning that Bradley is clearly a middle child when it comes to making decisions. I know I was a lot like that too when I was younger (Well, what am I saying "WAS"?). But I'm trying to think of ways to help him make decisions quicker. I guess some need to be more thought out than others, but anyway-
Here's Lukey in jail with Marly- looks like he's trying to break out.....
This was our wagon ride in Farm Country. That's Leah in the back, her son Brekken, and Brad and Caden in the front. We love the Wests. It was fun to ride up with them and be able to have so much fun with them. And I'm glad Caden was so excited to ride in our "truck". Brad keeps asking me why we didn't ride in a Truck like Caden said?
still got the hood on..... Brad was a cute boy the whole day. And it was funny that up until the day of, he had no idea what a Field Trip was, but he was still so excited when I would talk about it :) What a fun little guy.
Here's Luke and me on the wagon ride. I like this picture- Luke looks like a big boy in it! Luke had a fun time too. They both did so well at listening and staying with me. It was really fun to be able to hang out with my boys. They don't get to do a lot of things like this without their sisters so it was definitely a nice little change. Can't say the girls wouldn't have had a blast though and I totally missed them!
I wish I would have taken more pictures in Farm Country- we got to see so many animals. Luke thought it was weird to have a fence around the little duck pond. I had to drag him away from that.
After Farm Country we headed back on over to the Jumping Pillow- Brad's request- and then had to climb on the wood train some more :) Cute boys!
What a fun day though! I had such a good time. Thanks for coming with us Leah, and thanks Natalie for arranging it all!! Good times.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Brad's Field Trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun. I need to do more things like that with my boys!
Man, we were totally there...well, kind of...we were next door at Barnyard Boo! The Cornbelly thing looks like it was WAY funner though.
Oh My goodness. We were totally there. Chris' mom took all the grandkids and we were there the same time as you. We didn't get there until like 11am or so. But I wish I would have known. My kids had a blast on the bouncy bag thing too! It was a really cute little place!! Glad you had fun. Oh and BTW you look so gorgeous in that picture with Luke!!
Post a Comment