Yesterday was kind of crappy! It felt like all the little things that could go wrong did. Noah cried all moring. The girls kept going upstairs instead of getting ready for school. The boys kept fighting. Kelly told me that Grandpa is more fun than me :) (that one was actually kind of funny just because she was so honest :) when she was asking if Grandpa could take them, in my effort to joke around I said, "I'm sorry Mommy's not as fun as Grandpa." And Kelly said (so sweetly) "It's okay, Mom."). My Dad did take the girls to school for me which was way nice and way helpful. But when I went to go get Kelly from school, my car wouldn't start! Luckily my Dad knows a little about cars and he was here and able to diagnose it for me, but he announced that it would be about $300 to replace the starter motor. And my Dad usually rounds down when he knows it's stressful for me. I was trying to keep my cool, and not get frustrated even though ALL the things I had planned on doing that day were down the drain. And since we don't get paid for another week, I was stressing about the money as well. We just barely paid off a bunch of bills thinking we didn't have any other expenses this week.....DUH! So anyway. I was really annoyed for the rest of the day. It was like I was in another dimension where all I could think about was the car and what I was going to have to cancel. My Dad went and got Kelly for me, and then let me use his car to get Charity and Nate (AND he watched two of my kids since they don't fit in his car), but the boys were depressed about not going to the park as I had promised. Not to mention now there is snow outside so I probably won't be following through with the promise to go today! UGH. So anyway. THEN my dumb doctor's office called and said that they had to reschedule today's appointment to NEXT FRIDAY! I couldn't believe how mad I was about that. I was really hoping to get some answers at that appointment. I was so out of whack- I forgot to make lunch for my kids. They ended up just snacking ALL afternoon and eating us out of.....well.....all the snacks!!! So frustrating. So you can imagine the pitty party I was having by then.
Once Nate was home it felt like things picked up a little. My dad suggested that I look on craigslist for a car mechanic and I found this one guy who actually comes to your house. What a huge blessing THAT was!!! Nate arranged it all, got the part ordered. Then I was able to go pick up the part with my Dad's car and the guy came at about 7:30 last night and fixed our car in OUR driveway for $50. The part was a little pricey, but really....it was a lot less than $300+ for the whole thing! He was done by 9:00 and my car is as good as new. The really cool thing about that guy was that while he was in there he noticed that some of the hoses were cracked and brittle and offered to replace those for free! Nice guy. We're thinking of having him fix Nate's car too......maybe he could save the day again :)
So anyway. As soon as he left I felt really dumb for letting the whole thing stress me out so much. Cars and money..... not a good combination for me. I am not sure what the point of this post is....except to tell you all how moody I am, and how hard it is for me to focus on my day when I have an unexpected problem that comes up and makes it impossible for me to go anywhere. I am glad that I at least got my laundry done. 9 loads! I was SO UNMOTIVATED to do it, but I did- and my day wasn't a COMPLETE waste. But that's really all I did.......
I do have to add what a huge blessing it has been to be able to live here at my Dad's. Since we got here we've had nothing but unexpected expenses (broken arms, broken cars- that we would have had to spend a TON on commuting, doctor visits, and now this......sure would have been a lot harder to take care of had we been out in Eagle Mt.). And while we haven't exactly been able to SAVE money....we've at least been able to afford what life has handed us. I'm so grateful that we were prompted to get out of our lease in Eagle Mountain, and that my Dad was so willing to put us up. It's been a blessing......that's all I have to say about that.
Life.
I told that guy I would tell all my friends about him. He really is nice and CHEAP (which is most important right?) tell him I sent ya! jk. I don't think he even knows who I am.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wonderful Wednesday (I'm being sarcastic)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ah! I hate days like this! I'm so sorry! It's unreal how everything can go wrong in just one day.
I have a Firebird sitting here in my driveway just waiting for you I wish so bad I could just register it for ya. Hopefully yesterday was better and today will be even better than that!
I totally think you do these posts just for me...helps me feel normal :) I hope your week got better after all that. I can't believe how much you remind me of me (LOL - I hope you interpret that in a good way).
That is a lot of crap to deal with. I sure hate dealing with cars and money too. I love that you can find the silver lining in it all. Things will turn up...they just have to! Love you.
Post a Comment