Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Monkey Bars and a Snowball Fight



One of the things I like about Bountiful is all of the fun, DIFFERENT parks to play at. We've been able to go park hopping on the warm days. On Saturday we decided to go to North Canyon Park. It's been a while since the last time we were there as a family. Coincidentally it was the day after my mom's birthday, for her party, June 7th 2002. If I'm not mistaken I believe we went there after stopping by at Tony and Lacie's wedding. I don't know why I remember that, but I do have a knack for remembering really unimportant details :) (not that your wedding was unimportant Lacie, just less important to remember than say a Dr. Appt that I scheduled a week before....you get what I'm saying right?). I used to play at North Canyon Park all the time in High School (yes, I was one of those annoying teenagers......). We had a few Semiary devotionals there too. ANYWAY it's a fun park. We stopped at the store on the way there to get some munchies and the kids picked out candy necklaces. It was fun for me to watch Noah eat his :) Or should I say smear it all over his cute little face. He sure loved it though. Luke too........



He DEVOURED his. I put this picture on here for the sole purpose of showing you the little pieces of candy all over him.....like he was eating it so fast he couldn't get them all in his mouth. I don't know.....I think it's funny....I'm still laughing about it.....out loud. I took a bzillion pictures (as usual), I kept telling myself I wasn't going to post any on my blog, but then fun things kept happening. Bradley crossed the monkeybars all by himself for the first time, and we did go on a little walk down to the little ampitheater thing, found some snow and had a fun snowball fight. It was a pretty memorable little outing. So I post.













Nate's masterpiece. I think they put these things in playgrounds just for the Dads.




The girls saw the little stage and immediately had a show for us.








This is when Lukey found the snow.....



























jumping....took me like 10 shots to get him in mid-air, but wasn't it so worth it!




Bradley kept telling me and Nate to "do it like this" when we would complain about how cold our hands were from the snow......he had it SO figured out ;)




Nate has taught our kids that the minute you see snow, you have to go over and pick up a handful of it and throw it at someone. They LOVE snowball fights. Well, the throwing it part of course. THey're not big fans of having thrown at them....obviously. It's fun for all of us though.




Noah and I were sitting on one side, down low, of the ampitheater, Nate and the boys were up at the top of the other side, Charity was down on the stage, and Kelly was clear over on the other side of the trail from the ampitheater (I just know I'm spelling that wrong, sorry). The boys were just launching snowballs at all of us, nonstop, for about five minutes.










Cute little Noah managed to stay unharmed, thankfully.



Nate has an amazing arm!! Someone needs to get this man on their football team or something!!! I couldn't believe how close he came to hitting Kelly from REALLY far away!! I would guess how far away she was, but I'm sure I would be way off anyway..... but I will say he was there from me, and Kelly was at least that far away from me in the opposite direction!!! (still doesn't help does it)




See that!!! That's Nate's snowball just feet in front of Kelly!!







This is Brad's "bring it on"




There's another one of Nate's snowballs almost hitting my children from WAY far away.




We took a picture like this in Alaska a couple of years ago (pre-Noah), and I loved it so much I thought I would try for another one......it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself :)




This one's a little more realistic. Half a second later......Charity rubbing her nose, Kelly's tongue, Brad looks okay, but Luke got his eye poked out by Noah.....just priceless.



This was Charity dancing around dodging Nate's snowballs.





And this one is the whole reason I even got my camera out while we were there.....it was Bradley's first time on the monkey bars all by himself. I was really proud of him. After this fall he wouldn't get back on them.

2 comments:

Nate and Emily said...

That looks so fun! Your Lukey looks so much like my Tyson- (who we happen to call Tycie) and they are so close to the same age, too! I can't wait for spring and color to return- but for now, the warm weather is fabulous!!

DottieLou said...

so much fun for all of you ... let me know when you might be out this way... your bag is waiting... D