Thursday, March 5, 2009

Green Eggs and Ham






At school, on Monday, the girls were celebrating Dr. Seuss day. I got the spur of the moment idea to make green eggs and ham for breakfast, for the special occasion. Well, I guess I should have put more energy into explaining why we were eating it, or at least read the book to them or something because when Kelly got home she was so excited to tell me that "at school we read a book that had green eggs and ham in it too!! Isn't that WEIRD!!! Since we had that for breakfast today!" Yeah. pretty weird. What a coincidence. :) Apparently the hundreds of times we've read that book in the past haven't make much of an impression. Bradley and Luke said nothing except that "they look really gross, but don't taste gross!" gee thanks boys. Break through for Noah though- he actually ate ALL of his. He doesn't usually like eggs. Anyway. Now I know what to do differently next time I try to get creative.

2 comments:

Lace said...

Christa! This is so cute and so clever! I love it! You are the funnest mom! Your kids will always remember these things!

Momma Dil said...

I love Kelly's comment!