Grandma Ruthie's pass expires on Sunday so we hurried and planned a trip to the Dinosaur Museum last night, and got to spend the day there and finally see it all. Charity actually had a Birthday Party that she wanted to go to more, so she stayed with a friend and went to her party, but the rest of us went with Grandma, Meg, Nancy, Paulette, and all their kids. It was such a fun day!!
This pictures funny because you can see Luke crying. I don't know if it's spontaneousness that makes my kids freak out about these group pictures or what, but Bradley and Luke were both just not happy about it. Frustrates me.
I got a lot of pictures of the back of my boys' heads :) It's like Meg said, they were so fast it was hard to get pictures!! Not to mention the place has low lighting, so the camera doesn't work as fast either.
Bradley was really loving the whole thing. He's been pretty into dinosaurs lately, so this was really neat. He even wore his dinosaur shirt to fit in.
Luke loved it too. I had such a hard time keeping track of Luke there. He was either stuck behind or running ahead with Bradley. They both just couldn't get enough of it all. Here's Lukey taking it all in.
I think Kelly's favorite part was having Sydney mostly to herself (not having to share her with Charity that is). She was pretty much glued to her the entire time. I hate to admit it but I really didn't get to see much of Kelly the whole time. She did have fun though. Here she is waiting to turn the wheel to see what color the dinosaur was going to be next....
I don't know why but I just love this pictures of Luke. There were tons of different dinosaurs on the ceilings, and pretty much everywhere- he really got into that.
This was kind of cute- shows the softer side of Bradley- he was really disturbed by the model of the dinosaur eating the other dinosaur and "all da bwud" (blood). Bradley's such a sensitive little sweetie.
Oh, and this was another one of my favorites! How sweet is Noah's big sister! (that's Kelly kissing Noah, in case you can't tell) I'm always so worried that I will make Noah want me if I look at him or talk to him too much at these things. So I almost try to avoid him so that he will stay happy- sad- but I feel like other than these times- he is being held, so it's all good. (how's that for rationalizing?)
And here's teh cute big brother pushing the stroller. Luke is a funny one when it comes to the stroller. If he can't ride in it- he wants to push it, but if you even so much as touch the handles he will freak out and go tearing off in the other direction usually crashing the thing into some stranger. It's not my favorite, but at the same time- I have to laugh. He's a cute big bro.
Now this is my cute nephew Jarom. I think he is a doll. The kid is ALWAYS smiling (as far as I'm concerned :) I've rarely seen him unhappy)- and he just has the cutest, jolliest face!! Makes ya smile when you look at him. He's a sweetie!! AND he shares his cute clothes and shoes with his little cousin Noah....what a guy! (does he look a little like Noah in this picture or is it just me, Meg?)
This was a really fun area- they get to design-a-dino with big stuffed dino parts. It was way cute to see them hauling around the big parts- especially the little kids. I love these kids of exhibits.
LOL I'm still laughing about Luke's silly little face in this picture. He's in the middle in the red shirt- What a NUT!! He totally cracks me up sometimes.
And what is a dinosaur museum without a sand box- I MEAN dinosaur bone digging pit. My kids loved this. Luke was definitely just in there for the sand, but Kelly and Brad had a lot of fun digging around in the sand and brushing the sand off the "bones". They talked about that on the way home. Very fun.
So after the Dinosaur Museum we went and had a little picnic then headed on over to the little Splash Park. I'm really annoyed that I didn't get a picture of the Noah's Ark!! DUH! So hopefully SOMEONE has one (Meg??). Anyway. The kids had a total blast there. It's basically like a wading pool but there's a huge cement Noah's Ark in the middle with animals that spray water out all over ya. Then there are the little fountain things in the sidewalks to squirt out at ya too. It was way fun! I can't believe how fearless Luke is in the water (I think I've mentioned this before, but he is definitely my little fishy!)
this was right before he slipped and fell :(
It was hard to slow this little guy down!! He was all over the place. I kept worrying about him, but it was a joke to try and keep up with him. Luckily nothing happened :)
Saturday, August 2, 2008
What a fun day!!
I had no idea I had gotten such a good one of Enoch :) He was trying to hide his cute little face from me, but he failed :) I just love Enoch, he's a sweetheart.
Here's Kelly and Sierra waiting for the water to come up out of the ground. Kelly was crazy there too, she was running all over the place. I am really surprised at how comfortable my kids are in the water this summer since we went a few without too much exposure. They are fun. I'm glad they like it so much.
Here's everyone standing around waiting to get squirted.
Kelly splashing me the little stinker
After the splash pool we came home and picked up Charity- thanks again Natalie!! Then we went over to the church for the clothing exchange. What an awesome thing that is!! We managed to find a few things for the girls and a few things for Luke and Noah. And our coolest find- a toy kitchen!!!! I was so excited to find that! We had to leave our kitchen (we had kind of out grown it anyway) in Alaska. This one is a little bigger. Luke was the most excited- it will be fun to get it all cleaned up and ready to play with tomorrow. I'm really glad we went over there- it's a pretty amazing thing they do. Everyone just donates everything they don't want and they put it all over the church- each room has something different, and you can just go and take what you want. I loved it!!
And then after that we went over to a friend's house for a "Girls Night". It was such a nice thing!! I totally LOVE being able to sit and talk. To let my kids play, and I get to visit. Very refreshing I must say!! We'll have to do that more often.
So anyway, we had a pretty fun day. So fun, I think I'll have to just take a break tomorrow :) Felt really good to get out of the house and do something new for a change. Don'tcha just love Summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment