Today was our 1 month mark for Nate's training, and my single-momming. I'm really joking when I call myself a single Mom. I really don't consider myself one. I have a loving, supportive, sweet husband and father of my kids, who is doing everything he can to help us out right now, regardless of how far away he is. I don't know what I would do without his constant motivation and encouraging words. I know he has a lot on his plate right now and it means a lot to me that will devote so much time on the phone and webcam and emails to help us stay up! He's amazing!
In case you're wondering- Nate is doing good. He's been doing what's called Non-Radar which is basically like directing traffic with his eyes closed, according to him. Apparently it's really difficult. He's been running problems for the whole 8 hour day. The Instructor just sits there and watches as he runs the problem, writing down everything he does wrong on carbon copy paper. Then at the end Nate is handed the copy to take home and get discouraged about, and the original is put in his employment file, to be kept FOREVER! How crazy is that!! I would seriously cry if I had to sit and look at all the mistakes on paper that I make each day! Not to mention the constant critiquing.....I don't know how Nate's doing it!! Only a few more days of Non-radar though, and he should be onto something different (I doubt it will be any easier, but different is good- right Tony?) So anyway. He has his own apartment, and some friends from school with him. And another friend, one who he can go to church and the temple with now, just arrived on Saturday, so he was pretty thrilled about that. It's been a blessing to have free long distance at this time. We get to talk A LOT, which is good. I liked it when he worked nights because he would get home at midnight and we would be able to talk with no distractions for quite a while, since he didn't need to get up early. He has switched back to days though and that's a little trickier, but at least we can do scriptures and prayers together again. So anyway. That's the update on my Sweetheart. He seems to be doing well, as well as one could without his wife and kids to hug and love when he gets home. We miss him a ton and I seriously don't know how we've made it through a whole month!! I NEVER thought that was possible!! So one down 2 more to go!! I think we can do it!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
One Month Down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You both are doing a great job. I am always looking at you and can't help but be amazed. You both handle everything with such grace and calmness. I wish I could be the same way. Poor Nate, I couldn't handle being criticized like that--bummer.
Post a Comment