Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Welcome, Noah Cole Maynes!!


Not the most flattering picture, but I think these are always cool.


once again, not so flattering, but I love the pictures of the first few moments.


awww!! What a handsome little guy!!




So we went in on Friday, January 11th, just as planned and brought our sweet little baby boy into the world. The C-section went pretty well. They did have to do 2 epideurals because the first one didn't quite take, but all in all it went really well. I usually have a hard time getting my uterus to contract right after they take the baby out, and I usually end up losing lots and lots of blood to the point of almost needing a transfusion, but this time my uterus did what it was supposed to and the bleeding was very minimal. So that was great! And thanks to ALL of our visitors the 3 days in the hospital just flew by!!! Thanks so much everyone that was able to come by- we enjoyed your company!!

Noah is a very healthy little boy. He has been drinking his mommy-moo-juice really well, so that's been a relief. He even got his bilirubin numbers down pretty quickly without much trouble. We're thrilled to have been so blessed with a healthy baby and a nice delivery. He's such a cute little guy.
He weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long.

7 comments:

Terressa said...

Hey Christa!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Noah is beautiful!
Lacy & I were just talking the other day about baby names & that we both love the name Noah :)

It's weird, because it's been about a month or so since I looked at your blog & right as I was looking at it today, the last entry was for January 10th (BTW, congrats to Nate on his new job too!!) & I was wondering how your delivery was & how the baby was, etc. & suddenly, there appeared new pictures of Noah!

It sounds like it was an ordeal (how else would we see Heavenly Father's hand in things & His tender mercies if things went smoothly), but that things are working out well!

Anyway, I'm sure you are super busy (an understatement!) but enjoy that sweet, new baby boy!

Love ya!
~Tess~

Wendy said...

Congratulations! Now we really need to get down there to see you guys. Claire told us last night that she saw you guys and he was just too cute. I have to agree, those are some very cute pictures!

Lace said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable! What a cute family you have! I love the name too...you know especially the Cole part! :)

Tiff and Rand said...

Hey Christa, it's Tiffany Browning! I found your blog off of Wendy's and was SO surprised when I saw all of your kids. They're all grown up! And Noah looks adorable! Congratulations! I'm glad all went well.

christa said...

Thank you everyone for all your sweet comments!!! It's nice to hear from everyone!
Tiffany!!! I hope you look at this again- I keep wanting to get in touch with you!! How are you guys doing???
THANKS EVERYONE! LOVE YA ALL!

Natalie said...

Noah is so cute! He has such a perfect little face and round head. So sweet! I can't wait to see and hold him in person. Thanks for all the pictures. I'm glad everything went well.

Anonymous said...

I wish I looked that good right after having a baby! I always look slightly stoned or something. Noah's a keeper, even if he was a little under the weight limit, just don't tell fish and game.