Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Different Christmas Eve :)


This was our LAST time at the Anchorage Airport. It was Christmas Eve and what a great one it was! The kids were so excited when they let us board the plane FIRST! We watched for Santa in the sky the whole way to Seattle. (note to self: don't get the dvd players for the kids on a midnight plane right EVER again :)) The kids did not sleep on the plane as we had hoped :)


We got to Seattle when it was technically Christmas morning. Nate and I had planned on just finding some comfy benches and laying everyone down to get some sleep, then we came upon this playroom for kids..... needless to say- the kids didn't sleep at all!!! They had SO MUCH FUN! I didn't know there was something that could entertain my kids for FIVE HOURS straight!! And thankfully there were some comfy benches in there- Nate and I took turns sleeping a little bit :)


Nate and the kids had packed a birthday present for me in one of our carry-ons, so when we got there to Seattle, they sang Happy Birthday to me and I opened my beautiful necklace and earrings. It was so sweet and so thoughtful of them :) I mean really- who thinks of that kind of stuff during this kind of craziness :) I have the best husband!


Lukey did manage to catch a few zzzz's- not nearly as long as he should have though :)

This move has brought out so many miracles and blessings that we couldn't have witnessed otherwise. So many things came together for our good- it was unbelievable. Everytime it seemed like something had gone wrong- there was a nice pretty little back door that the Lord had prepared for us to go through. It certainly wasn't ideal, and not the way we had "planned", but such a huge blessing!! We will be forever indebted to EVERYONE that helped us when we were leaving and those who helped make our arrival so sweet and so special. This was definitely our most memorable Christmas ever. We will never forget what you have all done, and hopefully someday we will be able to do something repay you all. Although, anything I can think of that I can do could never compare with the generosity and love that has been shown us. I can only hope that you will be blessed.

No comments: