Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Draper Temple Open House in the middle of our crazy week


On Thursday the 15th, we had the privilege of attending the Draper Temple Open House. Chris and Stephanie got us the tickets....thank you very much! And we were able to take our kids to see the inside of the temple. I was really excited for them to see it all, and Charity and Kelly were pretty excited too. We met at the Chapel and watched the short little video before shuttling on a bus (I think this was my kids' favorite part) up to the temple. I have to say that I really loved the video! I LOVED the part where Elder Holland says that to him he could not picture Heaven without his wife. How could it even be called "Heaven" if you couldn't be with the people you love. I cannot imagine eternity without Nate and without my sweet kids. It just wouldn't be Heaven. So anyway. I really loved being there with our whole family. And while I know it's not quite the same without it being dedicated yet, the Spirit was so strong there, and I really loved the experience. This temple is really special to me just for the fact that it's right by where I grew up. I can't believe there is a temple there now! SO neat. I used to ride up on those hills with my dad on his motorcycle. He would drive really close to the edge to scare me :) But anyway... just a really sentimental spot (what else is new?!).

Here's Lukey on the bus :) He really loved riding the bus. So did Bradley and the girls.....it was a pretty tight fit on the way back though, and this was the only picture I took the whole time (how sad is that!)


After the temple open house we had to drive up to the old house for one last cleaning. Nate got that place SO CLEAN!!! It was spotless! The kids had fun running around in the empty space.


We all ate pizza on the floor while Daddy busted his butt.


I'm really going to miss that place. It was a nice house, a nice ward, and really fun yard. Hopefully we can be so lucky again.


Here's Charity warming her bumb.



It was a crazy week....we had our walk through Friday night and signed it away. We are glad to have that done and out of the way. We spent most of the week unpacking at the new place, cleaning at the old one, and being sick.....but it is all over now. Kind of funny, but Wednesday when we were trying to drive out to Eagle Mountain, Nate's car broke down. It was totally smoking!! We ended up towing it ourselves to Chris and Stephanie's house for safe keeping, it is not usable right now. But it was a total blessing that the kids and I had taken longer to get on the road because we were right behind Nate when it happened. Not having a cell phone with him could have made that a complete nightmare of an experience, but as it was, we were right there and able to buy the tow rope and get it all taken care of pretty quickly without much trouble. Funny how the Lord can bless us in those situations. And it's really nice that his car waited until we lived only 20 minutes away from his work rather than an hour....makes taking him to work in the mornings a lot easier. Hopefully we can just get it fixed and have 2 cars again, but whatever happens I guess.....
Those kind of weeks always make me lazy during the next one....I keep excusing all the sitting around :) So lazy.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

My Brother-in-Law was one of the building supervisors of the Draper temple and we got to walk through it a couple of times while they were building it. But, I haven't been to the Open House since it was finished. Hopefully we'll get to go!

*Ashleigh* said...

Sounds like life has been crazy! You have a good excuse, and my permission (wink wink) to be lazy this week!! We have tickets for Valentines day to go through the Draper temple... I'm excited (we haven't been through yet...one day)