K, so I am not sure why I am posting this on my blog, but it was weird to me! Today when we went to the school to register Charity and Kelly (yes, I'm really slow at registering them), they were bringing all the kids in from outside (the first bell hadn't rang yet), and sending them all into the cafeteria. Do you want to know WHY? It was because the "AIR QUALITY WAS BAD"!!!!!! Is that not the weirdest thing EVER!!! Now don't get me wrong. I'm not questioning the authority or claiming to know more than anyone about what is in the air or how bad it is. The air is clearly NOT CLEAR...that's obvious to me even. I just can't believe it is so bad the kids can't be breathing it in at recess and before the bell rings!!! HOLY MOLY!! Reminds me of some futuristic show where they make everything all drastic and dramatic ya know. Like the air is yellow and stuff. So crazy! Who would have thought! It does make miss the ever-so-clear air in Alaska.... you could see Mt. McKinley from Earthquake park!! And that's another good thing going for Eagle Mountain.... never had "bad air" out there. I have to admit that when I walked outside I was coughing even more knowing that it was "bad air". Kinda made me want a gas mask or something (now that's probably from my 24 obsession). Then when I was picking up Nate from work there was a sign on the freeway saying that the air quality was bad and to reduce driving tomorrow!! Is this like a new thing in Utah or something?? It was all just SO WEIRD to me!!! K, now I'm done.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
mmmm! Alaska sounds really good to me right now! I get so sick of the air quality every January/February cause that's when I start to get really antsy to get outside but they say it's like smoking two packs a day to go for a jog!!! Yuck!
It was so fun to visit with you too! Ayla and Tayvie had a blast with your kids too!
actually, the air has been yucky here too. i'm fighting headaches over it. when i drove to work on tuesday morning, you couldn't see more than 3 or 4 car lengths in front of you [and of course someon decided to make everyone by only going 10 mph]. as i sat there, looking at the haze and the exhaust from all the idling cars rising into the sludge, i literally started to feel claustrophobic and panicked by the lack of good air.
every january, we deal with the inversion. it seems to be worse than usual this year, but maybe it's just forgetting how it was last year.
Come out and visit! I'm tellin' yah! It's nice and clear out here (it's a HUGE adjustment when I go up there to visit). And it's gonna be 70 today. COME OUT!!!
Yes, poor Derek has had inside recess all week. I don't remember having inside recess due to "bad air". Was the air not bad then or did people just not care about us kids breathing it in??
Hey, how do the girls like their new school?
Oh we have the bad air here too. Indoor recess here too (finally). It's yucky!!! My kids have sore throats and I have headaches. It stinks!
I remember growing up in Utah they would announce "No burn days" on the news. I never really knew what this meant. Does that mean people shouldn't be building fires in their yards? Do people do that?
I live in D.C. and we're encouraged to not run outside. And if we do, only once a week. I guess the pollution from cars is so bad that it can do major damage to the lungs if you run outside regularly.
Post a Comment