Okay, so I know I've really put a lot of these on here lately, but THIS ONE just about made me cry when I saw it (could be the hormones, I know, but bear with me). So yesterday we had our Priesthood Leadership and Adult Sessions for Stake Conference. Nate had to go to the Priesthood one, so he so willingly let me go to the Adult one. So when I got home from it (it was really nice by the way- felt like I hadn't heard a whole talk in months :) but I think that's my own fault) anyway- when I got home the kids were all in bed (and bathed I might add- way to go Daddy!!) and there were a few little drawings on the table from Kelly and Charity for me. THIS was one of them. Charity drew it. And as you can see, it is she and I, holding hands, and (this is the best part) we're LOOKING AT EACH OTHER!!! I just about died- it's SO SWEET!!! I just had the sweetest feeling come over me and I just got so happy! It just touched me so much. She even drew the baby in my tummy :)
So then when I went to bed last night- under my pillow was yet ANOTHER drawing similar to this one, from Charity- she had put it there to surprise me I guess- but man- it was just really cool. To feel her love so strongly. It was one of those times where it totally pays to be a mom. Makes everything else seem worth it. I couldn't help but just lay there and think of what a special thing it is to be a mom, and what a blessing my kids are to me. I sure hope I don't screw them up with all my inadequacies, but if this is any sign that I am doing alright- then I'll take it :) It sure felt good. Amazing what a little picture can do for this mom :) Anyway- sorry to get all mushy- it was just a neat experience :)
Sunday, November 11, 2007
A little Mushy, but bear with me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is a really cool story! I'm glad you shared it!
Stuff like that makes everything worth it! It's so great to know you have a child who loves you!
Post a Comment