Thursday, April 2, 2009

I have it all

Okay, so I totally don't want to sound like a dork posting this, but I just LOVED what Nate did for FHE tonight! He started out talking about the Ten Lepers and giving thanks, and then told another little parable about being thankful. Then he proceeded to talk about "the person who makes our family a family, and makes sure that our family has what we need". He totally gave a lesson about being thankful to Mom......ME! How cute is THAT!!! I'm almost bawling just thinking about it now. Then he had the kids think of something that they were going to do this week so that they can show their thanks to me. And I don't mean for this to sound like it does....I'm really not trying to brag, if anyone deserves thanks around here it's Nate!.....I mostly just loved that he felt the need to do it and that the kids got so into it. They each told what they were going to do this week and I want to remember what they said.

Charity: I'm going to come home from school everyday this week, put my back pack away, make my bed and clean my room, without even asking.
Kelly needed time to think :)
Bradley: For your birthday, I'm going to get you something you really REALLY want! (my birthday is not this week :) it's in December LOL.....what a cutie)
Luke: Smiled and said "thank you" (that's how he's going to show thanks! lol)
then Kelly thought of hers and said: If I get a toy out, I'm going to put it away when I'm done playing with it. (my girls know me too well :))
And Bradley thought of one more :) he said: When you get old I'm going to buy you your own bed and put it next to your old one with Dad. (LOL!!!! RANDOM :) I'm totally going to remind him of this later!)

I just loved it. Made my day too when they all ran over and piled on the hugs and kisses. I have the best husband and the best kids ever!! I just don't know what I would do without them in my life. Tonight at dinner we got talking about marriage and that some people choose not to have kids even when they're married (this idea had Charity floored!). She just couldn't believe that anyone would not want to have kids!! HOW BORING, she said. And I completely agree. I mean it's just awful for me to think of those who CAN'T have kids and my heart goes out to them, but to actually choose not to is pretty sad too. I honestly don't know what I would do with my time!! I would be completely bored! I really am grateful that we have been so blessed. Thank you, Nate, that meant a lot to me that you would do such a lesson. And thanks kids for being so sweet to me. At times like these, how could I not feel like I have it all?

3 comments:

andersons said...

i finished your handmade gift. it is not too fancy. so one of these days i'll come drop it off to you.

Meredith said...

How weird. Last week Mike did a lesson like this too in our family home evening about obeying Mom and doing what she askes the first time. We have awesome husbands huh!

Unknown said...

What a sweet husband! ;)

I'm glad he did that because you ARE such an awesome Mom and deserve so much thanks!