Monday, April 6, 2009

Kelly's Kindergarten Concert


The Kindergarten put on a little concert for the parents on Friday. Kelly has been looking forward to this day since we moved here. They went through all the different seasons and holidays of the school year and sang a song from each one. It was really cute that Kelly knew all of them even though she's only been here since the end of January! They were way cute. I love these little concerts. This one was really nice because it was only like a half hour long and they did a cute little slide show at the end where we got to see tons of pictures of Kelly :) She loved that too.


Here's Kelly and Mrs. Holbrook. Mrs. Holbrook is the best teacher!! Kelly absolutely loves her! She's been really fun for Kelly to have and has made the whole moving thing really easy.




I decided to go really early to get a good seat since the last one I went to like this we were 20 minutes early and had to stand in the back. So I showed up a half hour early....there was nobody there, so I took the front row, and wouldn't you know, since she was the "VIP/Fun Kid" (thus
"line leader") this week, she ended up being clear on the other side of the stage!! Oh well. It did make for some really crummy pictures and video ......but what can ya do!


You can barely see Kelly in this video, but she LOVED this song! She taught it to us for FHE one time and we all got a kick out of it. Should have got the whole song, but here's a small sampling.

Afterward we all went to Dairy Queen for some fries and ice cream. (kind of an old tradition with my family) Grandpa Hatch, Steve, Grandma Hatch and us all crammed ourselves into a little booth and chowed down. I totally forgot to get any pictures (UGH!) but we had a lot of fun. It's amazing how fun eating fries and ice cream can be. My mom even managed to spill a cup of water all over Nate's lap :) He had a fun mother-in-law story to tell his friends at work :) But anyway. It was a good time for all.

No comments: