Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Bunny Hop


Saturday was a lot of fun! The Bountiful City Youth Council threw a big carnivally type thing for all the kids. They had bounce houses, carnival games, hotdogs, cupcake walk.....and an easter egg hunt. It was really fun and WAY cheap (which we LOVED). The kids were able to play all the games at least once. I liked how laid back it was. Since it was run by a bunch of high school and Jr. High School kids, it was really just FUN for the kids. Not too many rules :) They got a treat whether they won or not :) Luke got treats just for handing them tickets :) so that was nice. It was just a really fun, cheap activity for our family.




Luke was really funny when the bounce house suddenly started caving in on them. He started a mass panic with all the kids, just screaming and wailing. I think I could see his cute little life flashing before his eyes. He didn't want to go back in there again, very traumatic. I have to admit I laughed a little.......he was so dramatic!




look at the focus in this kid! :) He loved the frisbee toss.

This is one of my all-time favorites. The sack race is where I won all my prices at the Litton Lagoon Days. (my Dad's ol' work parties)




And of course face painting.....I'll never understand the thrill.....but my kids LOVE this!

Luke's not into having his face painted. He's too mature for that, I'm assuming.


He did however get into the cupcake walk. He won after only one time around!


Charity won shortly after Luke.


Kelly and Brad on the other hand took another like 10 minutes to finally win....like I said, we definitely benefitted from the loose rules :)



Waiting for the GO on the Egg Hunt. Which can I just say, this Egg Hunt was PRETTY WEAK!!! If everything else hadn't been so cheap I really would have demanded a refund. We paid $4 for a handful of mini candybars and starbursts. And I'm not talking a handful per kid....I'm talkin' Charity had two pieces, Kelly had about five, Brad had a couple and Luke cried.....he had none! ALL of the kids there were bawling. The thing lasted about 10 seconds. And I've been to egg hunts where they're over really quickly, but you at least walk away with something! And I've never had to pay for one either.....that was just us feeling like we had to do it since we got the kids all excited about it. But anyway.......more candy next year kids!!!! And no false starts!!!!

After the egg hunt we blew our last few tickets..... and headed out to get Charity to her friend's birthday party. What a fun day!! I was really grateful for such a fun little activity.
Oh, while I'm on the birthday party subject.....does anyone else find it strange that Kelly's friend did not open ANY of her presents at her party??? Kelly came home all disappointed because she didn't get to see Sophia open the present she got her. Then a few days later when she asked Sophia if she liked her gift, Sophia still hadn't opened it!!! Is that not strange???? Someone help me understand that!!! I'm blown away!
Now on the other hand, Charity's friend invited so many friends to her swimming party ("SO FUN" according to Charity :)), the party went like 45 minutes over because it took so long to open the presents (and I know because I went in to get her at the time it was supposed to end, and she still had like 25 gifts sitting there and they hadn't even had the cake yet!). I think there were family members there too. But anyway. Just the other end of the spectrum! I'm really not picky about birthday parties :) I just over-analyze everything!

3 comments:

Sarah Hatch said...

I was laughing so hard about Luke's panic attack (hope that's not mean of me to laugh). Feels like we haven't see you guys in a while, we'll have to get together again soon!

*Ashleigh* said...

I have no idea why the last post to show on my blog-roll was the 'Saturday was a special day' I had to take a minute to read all the fun stuff you've been up to! How fun is your family! I love it, and your kiddos are so cute! I am so excited for our easter egg hunt this year, Kahner loves the eggs already! He carrys around a few of them everywhere he goes lately :D

Natalie said...

Why don't I see you in the sack race pictures?!!? :)