Monday, February 26, 2007

Scenic Route

This one is cool- it's a view from the road across the "ocean inlet". Just looks like a wide open valley or something.


This just looked really cool- looks like an island on top of a huge thing of ice! That's about how high the water was in the summer I think.
This is just where the water coming out of the side of the mountain has frozen. I think it looks awesome.
This is where the inlet is- just not too much water left. We couldn't decide if the chunks out there are ice or just rocks, but there was very little water around.
I took this one because you can see the little canyon in the sand made by the water receeding I assume.
In case you were wondering- we were going to the store on Saturday, and the kids fell asleep, so we decided to just go for a little drive before, and we ended up on the Seward Highway (our favorite drive). We haven't been down there since it snowed (I don't think we would have wanted to with the ice, snow and avalanches), but it was really pretty still! Anyway- just wanted to share some of these. As usual the photographs just don't do this place justice!

No comments: